Struggling

Sheryl J.
on 4/18/07 10:38 pm - Madison, WI
RNY on 03/01/06 with
Looks like I'm gaining weight again. My partner doesn't seem to think it's a big deal and maybe it isn't. I just can't seem to get this last twenty pounds off. It's frustrating. But...I am down to a size ten. Maybe I should just think of it as a shift from fat to muscle. Not sure. 218/208/135/119 4'11"
luckycat1
on 4/19/07 12:28 am - Cincinnati, OH
i think we are all tuggling o get those last few pounds off. i found myself at a stand still in march after my year appointment. i had slacked off my exercise and tracking my food because I was having some physical issues. I started tracking my food again, getting more water in but my exercise right now is limited to physical theraphy but I have lost 15 pounds since my appointment in march. are you tracking your food? are you getting your water in? exercising? use your tool to it's greatest potential and you will get there. do not be discouraged, look how far you have come. good luck! mj
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/19/07 4:39 am - My Town, NH
For me, the struggle will never end. It is frustrating. I wish that this struggle would find a resolution, but I'm learning that it won't. I will always have issues with food and will always need to struggle to lose and someday, maybe, struggle to maintain. If you are working out then you could be right about the shift from fat to muscle. As they say, muscle weighs more than fat! Regardless, you've done a great job. Keep on struggling! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 4/20/07 5:47 am - Columbia, MD
It truly is a struggle that will probably never really end. I am struggling with food right now. I feel so addicted once again to food. Like I can't stop eating and can't stop eating the wrong things. I am so disappointed in myself. I have come so far, still have a ways to go and yet it seems like I can not or will not do what I need to do to reach goal and stay there. I believe that my food addiction will always be a problem. Hopefully I can learn to be consistent with making the right choices, knowing that I will fail at times, and be able to meet my goals in spite of my love of food. The things we want to most never do come easy do they?! Hang in there Stephanie. You too are doing a great job. One day at a time! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/25/07 2:28 am - My Town, NH
Robin, thanks so much for the encouragement! It means a lot. One day at a time is certainly a great way to think about it! I guess it wouldn't be addiction if it was easy. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views