No Eye Surgery Today!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/14/07 10:53 am
I just got in from being out all day. I went to the surgeon today and he concurred with the opthamologist (sp). He feels I do need the surgery however on a scale of 1-4 with 1 being the worst, I am a 3. He feels this surgery should wait, he wants to see me again in 6 mos. He also feels that for the symptoms that I present, that there must be something else going on. He feels it could be a carodic (sp) artery that is narrowing and wants to rule it out. The blurring vision is a result of the headache which is a migraine in the eye. He feels the narrowing of the channel behind the eye (which is considered to be closed angle glaucoma) isn't narrow enough to cause these symptoms, therefore, he doesn't want to put any holes in the channel just yet. He also feels that my job is causing me stress. Very funny, I haven't worked in 10 days and still have a headache. But still the same, blurry vision with nauseating headaches, and halos around lights he feels are the symptoms of a narrowing carodic (sp) artery. I have to go to a hospital and get an ultrasound for that. I went to Nazareth today to try to set something up, but they had all left at 1 P.M. I didn't get out the surgeons office till after 1.
Rick A.
on 4/14/07 11:59 pm - Far Northern, CA
Nanette, I'm sorry to hear about all of the troubles with your eyes and headaches. I hope they are able to figure out what is causing the problems and find a solution for you soon. Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/15/07 4:33 am - My Town, NH
Yikes! That's no fun at all. I hope things are resolved for you soon. Keep trying to take good care of yourself! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 4/15/07 9:25 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I don't know if that is good news or bad news....I do hope you figure it out soon though...I do get migrains in the eye like what you are talking about and they are horrible, but mine have never lasted more then 3 days. I'll be thinking of you. Mimi
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/20/07 2:58 pm
The coratid doppler study was negative, the next step is to see an allergist.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views