My one year doctors check up

Rick A.
on 4/11/07 2:14 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hello fellow "Marchers" I had my one year checkup today. The nurse actually called me skinny. Everything was okay except I need to up my B12. It was funny to hear the Doctor say that he wished he weighed what I did. He also told me that I was at goal. Yeah. The doctor did have one good bit of advice. He told me that he fixed how much I could eat at one time, but I had to control how many times I eat each day. He also said that it was okay for me to snack as long as my weight stayed under control and just to learn the delicate balance of calories vs activity. I just have to continue to dance the dance. Oh well I'm up to the challenge. I don't go for a followup appointment for another year. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 4/12/07 12:08 am - Nashua, NH
Well....congratulations you "skinny" man you! You have done such a good job and are an inspiration to all of us. You are really doing great and you are a great supporter of us crazy "MARCHer" women! So keep on ing!!!! Life is indeed great...Barb
RebekaA
on 4/12/07 1:03 am - Inland Empire, CA
That's wonderful news Rick! I'm very happy you are doing so well!
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/12/07 3:04 am
That is One-der-ful. I am happy to know that so many people can achieve goal in 1 year. I still have 100 to go, but it is reachable. Halleluluah! Praise the surgeons.
miminjoey
on 4/12/07 8:33 am - Fort Bragg, NC
woo hoo congrats one the wonderful check up ! But May i say I would not snack unless you have great self control!! I got into that habit and now I am having to fight it UGH! (Granted we all know you have more self control then I do...no way could I do the Marathon walks you do!!!) Mimi
Laura A.
on 4/13/07 9:15 am - Manteca, CA
What wonderful news, Rick. Congratulations, and yes, continue to dance the dance!!! How did your doctor determine your "goal weight"? With a BMI chart? I have been discussing with my bariatric doctor what my goal weight should be and she keeps referring to a "target weight"....which to her is me losing 70-80% of my excess weight. Hopefully we can iron out the communication problem. In the meantime, I'm like you.....life is great!!! Laura A.
Rick A.
on 4/13/07 9:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi Laura, I don't really know how my doctor determined that I was at goal, Maybe it was because I weighed less them him, LOL. My BMI is still about 27 which isn't quite to the normal range. My nutritionist said my goal was 196, which put me at 80% of excess weight loss. I kind of flew passed that without noticing. When I talked with my doctor at my 6 month check up he said there was nothing wrong with shooting for 100% of my excess weight to lose. I feel pretty darned good at 180 pounds plus or minus two. I weigh less then I did in 7th grade. I'm 46 now. Life is indeed great. Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 4/14/07 10:20 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, life is great and you are great. Congratulations, sounds like a very good 1 year check up. Sounds like some good advice. At goal, or once we get to goal, that is the goal, balance! I know we can all do it. We;ve committed this far. Keep up the good work and keep dancing!!! Congratulations.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/15/07 4:31 am - My Town, NH
Rick, congratulations on such a wonderful one year check-up! It's so nice to hear those words of affirmation. I think your doctor's advice is excellent and something I will need to manage for the rest of my life. Keep up that "skinny" dancing! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views