Some of the BEST news ever....

Laura A.
on 4/11/07 12:30 pm - Manteca, CA
I just had to share with all my OH friends..... My middle daughter just called to tell me she accepted an offer from the University of Miami for a 10 week summer internship!!!!! There were only 6 offers made NATIONWIDE...and she got 1 of them!!! OMG!!!! And the offer includes round trip transportation, room and board AND a generous money stipend!!!!! She is a 2nd year pre-med student at a small Catholic college in Honolulu. This will be a medical research internship..... with weekends off to do "tourista" stuff. I can't tell you how happy I am for her!!! She has always been an excellent student....and now it looks like it's really paying off. Laura A.
Rick A.
on 4/11/07 2:06 pm - Far Northern, CA
Laura, You have every right to be one pround mother. Good for her and good for you. I hope she lets you visit her in Florida and also Honolulu. Congratulations to the both of you. Life is great, Rick
miminjoey
on 4/11/07 9:49 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
wow how exciting! Congrats to your daughter...and to you for raising such a bright and well disciplined daughter!
jannineh99
on 4/11/07 10:21 pm - Melrose, MA
That is Awesome Laura....congrats to you and your daughter...what an accomplishment... Love ya Jannine
jennb40
on 4/12/07 12:12 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Laura, please send our congratulations to your wonderful daughter! It is rewarding to know that sometimes we do a good job with our kids! My daughter was selected one summer to do an internship in DC with the TN Congressman when she was at the University of Tennessee and also selected to be a White House Intern while she was in graduate school at George Washington University and I was so proud of her - and she has done so many awesome things sometimes I think they got her mixed up in the hospital!!!! I know your daughter will have a wonderful experience and you should be so proud! What a great WOW moment for you! Hugs, Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 4/12/07 1:34 am - North of Boston, MA
Great news Laura Tell her congratulations! I can imagine how proud you are of her! Pre-med, thats excellent!
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/12/07 3:09 am
Excellent News! WTG Mom! WTG Kiddo!
robinsaxton
on 4/13/07 3:10 am - Columbia, MD
How exciting! Sounds like a really neat experience. I hope you get to see her during the weekend tourista trips.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/15/07 4:28 am - My Town, NH
Laura, that is such great news! What an accomplishment for her, and for you! I'm sure you are such a proud mother. I'm also sure that she is proud of you as well. Congratulations to you both! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views