Eye Surgery!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/5/07 12:44 pm
I have had a headache since last Saturday. Went for my 2 year eye exam today, explained about my headache. Doc said I was describing a stress headache, then he examined me. Ohhh Boy! He discovered that I have the onset of closed-angle glaucoma. One of the symptoms is nauseating headaches, BINGO! I am scheduled for laser surgery on the 14th. I am really scared to have a laser going thru the iris. Hope he has steady hands. I realize the alternative is to go blind. But one slip of the laser and I'll go blind now not later. Do we have angels for this? Cause I am so freaked I might dump on my blue suede shoes. Help!
miminjoey
on 4/5/07 1:03 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I sure will be thinking of you! I hope all goes well and as soon as you are able to see to type please let us know...in the mean time I hope the headaches ease up. Mimi
cheryl719
on 4/7/07 2:12 am - AMES, IA
Nanette, Trust your eye doc -- it will be OK. In 2005, I had 5 laser procedures on my eyes over a 11-week period due to a series of retinal hemorrhages and the sudden development of macular edema (both eyes got into the act). What seemed pretty traumatic the first time, became much less daunting in subsequent treatments. Thank goodness you saw someone while they can still fix things. Hang in there and keep us posted! Cheryl
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/7/07 3:22 am
Thank you so much! I really had a reality check when I told my Mom and she went off the deep end. I had to laugh at myself and her. She was acting as though it was life threatening surgery. I told her there is no chance of death. When she realized it, she smiled and said your still braver than me. I told her, there are just somethings in life you have to step up to the plate for and accept. At that very moment the fear left me. I feel stupid for being scared. The worst that can happen is blindness in one eye. Hopefully that won't happen. I risked more when I had the RnY. True its scary, but I'll live. I appreciate your response. The dumbest thing I heard her say is: "I wonder if its contagious? After all when you were a kid (33 years ago) you used to babysit a blind girl who had glaucoma"! Yes, I baby sat her 33 years ago, and if it were contagious I would have had it a long time ago. I also probably pass many people on the street with aids, gee should I become an ostrich and worry if I have that? LOL, my Mom is an extremist. She worries when it rains, when it snows, when the sun is out, if its war time, peace time. She really gave me a reality check. I don't ever want to turn into my MOM.
Mama-of-3
on 4/13/07 7:43 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hiya! I didn't realize you lived in Philly. Who are you going to for your eye surgery? I had a pterigium removed in november. Worst pain ever, but my eye is 100% now. I went to the laser insitute near the 555 building. They are great there!! Trish
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/13/07 8:46 am
Mustafa Shayegan, he is located on Bustleton Ave, and also is on staff at Wills Eye.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views