1 year check up

BabyRuth2u
on 4/4/07 1:09 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I had my 1 year visit with my WLS doctor yesterday. He was very pleased with my progress. I have lost 140 lbs since surgery and 160 total since our first consultation. He said that I have lost 74% of my excess weight and that was fantastic. That not many people do that. I know many of you have done this also, so it is done! I guess maybe he just hasn't had any patients with those numbers in one year. He asked me if they could highlight me in their monthly newletter with before and after pics. I don't know which month it will be in, but if/when it happens and I get a copy I'll post it somehow. They also asked if I would speak at a future monthly support meeting when they do patient stories. I feel honored and proud to be able to do that. It has been a great year and I look forward to so much more in this coming year! Keep up the good work everyone. We all ROCK!! Pre-op 345 / Current 185
Rick A.
on 4/4/07 1:18 pm - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, Congratulations. You have done so well. We all are proud of you. You will be an inspirational speaker at the support group meeting. It's always nice to have your doctor say nice things to you instead of harp about our weight. You've done us "Marcher's" proud. Life is great, Rick
Laura A.
on 4/4/07 2:47 pm - Manteca, CA
Congratulations Ruth Ann!!!! You have done amazingly well!! How honored you must be to be a future highlight in your surgeon's newsletter. A real success story!! I looked again at the pictures on your profile...."you've come a long way, Baby"!! You are more beautiful than ever. Laura A.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/4/07 10:21 pm - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, how fantastic that you've lost 140 pounds!!! That's amazing. You've done very well and I'm so proud of you. Kudos too on being highlighted in the newsletter and at a support group meeting. You are indeed inspirational. Congratulations again! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 4/5/07 12:34 am - North of Boston, MA
Incredible results Ruth Ann!! Can't wait to see the newsletter and hear about your speaker experience!!
robinsaxton
on 4/10/07 5:48 am - Columbia, MD
Congratulations Ruth Ann! You have done an amazing job. WOW!!! You should be so proud of yourself. I know I am proud of you, of all of us. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views