I've missed you!

ooh-lala
on 4/4/07 9:44 am - Great Bend, KS
Sorry I've been incognito lately. Have been extremely busy at work. Working close to 60 hours a week and teaching a night class at the local community college. Thankfully work is slowing down! During the waking hours that I wasn't working, I've been seeing someone very special. I met Jo at a faculty meeting at the community college. He is a full-time math teacher. Intelligent, funny, handsome, a true gentleman...everything I've been looking for! I actually asked him out! Yes, gastric bypass surgery gave me the confidence to do something I had never done before...give a man my phone number unsolicited. I just walked up, handed him my business card with my home number written on the back and asked if he would like to get together to finish the conversation we had started during the faculty meeting. He called about an hour later and invited me to lunch the next day. We've been going full-speed ahead since then! I posted some new pictures on my profile, including one of Jo and me together. Hope everyone is doing well! Laura
~ Stylz ~
on 4/4/07 10:59 am - North of Boston, MA
Laura I'm glad you checked in! Looks like everything going well and a new boyfriend to boot, oooh la la you look great together! he must love your cooking, you have great recipes! stop in when you can to keep us updated
ooh-lala
on 4/4/07 1:27 pm - Great Bend, KS
I love having some to cook for! Cooking for him in the beginning was intimidating because he put himself through college and grad school working as a chef at a country club. But I've cooked for him quite a few times and he always eats seconds and takes leftovers home. I'm still a little nervous about cooking his favorite meal....lasagna. I would hate to mess that up! Anyone have a good WLS-friendly lasagna recipe?
miminjoey
on 4/4/07 12:35 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
woo hoo!!!! You go girl! Isn't it amazing how we are breaking out of our shells. I am so excited for you! way to go hot momma! Mimi
ooh-lala
on 4/4/07 1:28 pm - Great Bend, KS
Thank you Mimi!
BabyRuth2u
on 4/4/07 12:58 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
You are a very busy girl!! You two look GREAT together! Enjoy.
ooh-lala
on 4/4/07 1:29 pm - Great Bend, KS
Thanks Ruth Ann! I think we look great together too! Laura
Laura A.
on 4/4/07 2:33 pm - Manteca, CA
Nice to see you back.....but can totally understand why you've been away now. Cute guy!!! Looks like a "keeper" Laura A.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/4/07 10:15 pm - My Town, NH
Laura, you look so beautiful! I'm so proud of you for going after the things you want in life. You deserve someone special to spoil you and enjoy everything that you have to offer. Keep us posted on how things are going for you! Hugs, Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 4/10/07 5:59 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Laura. You and Jo look great together! Very happy too. I am so happy for you that things are going well. It is well deserved. Thanks for checking in and updating us. I love hearing how everyone is doing. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views