WDYET?? *** TUESDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 4/3/07 1:17 am - North of Boston, MA
I'm actually hungry today!! Can't seem to stop thinking about food or snacking on things! Good thing my portions are measured and here so I dont go downtown and get something bad. Does anyone still notice some days they can eat a lot and others they can't eat much of anything? I thought we were out of that stage, but yesterday I had about a 1/2 cup of semame noodles for dinner and was stuffed, today I feel like I could eat 2 cups of it! heres my day so far drive to work - 1 drinkable yogurt (maybe now that I'm use to 2 I'm getting hungry because I only had 1?) breakfast - 2 protein muffins snack - 3/4 c. red grapefruit lunch - shrimp lomein drive home - 2 drinkable yogurts dinner - cold sesame noodles snack - protein shake and maybe a few mini rice cakes vitamins - multi and b complex already in.. water - 20 oz water so far, which should be more, but when I'm home I drink 2 -32 oz. nalgene bottles so I'll be ok exercise - 45 min exercise bike when I get home. hope everyones having a good day!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/3/07 6:05 am - My Town, NH
Drive to work: EAS Advant Edge Protein Bar Breakfast: oatmeal and sliced banana Lunch: wrap with ham, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and dijon mustard Snack: Lite applesauce Dinner: Leftover chicken and a salad Snack: NSA Fudgsicle Vitamins: all in Water: 60 ounces so far Exercise: 25 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/3/07 9:42 am
Having a hard time making the daily routine meet my new requirements, and I am so hungry, I've had a headache since Saturday. Could really use some help. I need to do 1000 Calories, 28-42 fat, 28-42 carbs, 68-78 protein. I take any ideas on how to feel full on less protein without exceeding my carbs. I was over the last few months getting in 100 gr. protein. Now that I have to reduce it I don't know how without getting in more carbs. I was told by the nutritionist to cut my portions, but now I have a splitting headache from being hungry. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MrsKaradas
~ Stylz ~
on 4/3/07 11:17 am - North of Boston, MA
how about adding a protein shake? Maybe not a full 30 gram shake, but there are some cold drink proteins that have 12-15 grams and aren't high in carbs. I think your headaches could be coming from not eating as many carbs. I remember those Atkins and South Beach Diet (first 14 or phase 1 as they call it) days where you dont eat carbs.. The first 3 days of "detoxing" from carbs were the worst with headaches (sometimes even feeling light headed). The good news is it does pass, but unfortunately theres no way around it. How about taking a tylenol or two for the headache. hope you're feeling better
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/3/07 12:21 pm
If I have a protein shake, I am defeating the purpose of lowering my protein intake. I would have to give up a solid meal in exchange for a liquid one.
~ Stylz ~
on 4/3/07 10:18 pm - North of Boston, MA
It almost sounds like the only thing to have at that point then would be vegetables. Maybe make a big salad and let that fill you up?
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/3/07 11:06 pm
I've been doing that, it uses up my carbs. I have a cup of asst. lettuces and a cup of asst. vegetables (cucumber, pepper, cherry tomato, onion, mushroom, broccoli, sprouts, pea pods, radish, and celery) along with 2.8 oz. can of tuna and that is 18 carbs and 25 protein. Then I add another 5 carbs with a packet of WaWa F/F Italian Dressing. Tuesday I did 76 carbs instead of 42 and 77 protein which is 1 point below my max for protein. The headache can't be from carbs, I have been doing this level all along.
~ Stylz ~
on 4/4/07 1:50 am - North of Boston, MA
I was trying to give you suggestions on things to eat since you're still hungry and don't want to over indulge on carbs. Obviously vegetables have much less carbs than a piece of bread or some type of similar carbohydrate, have some fiber and will help you feel full (if you're still feeling hungry like you mentioned). How are you getting 18 carbs in a salad? A cup of lettuce has 1 carb. If you're eating a vegetable that youre finding with more than 5 carbs, maybe you shouldnt add it to the salad (onions are higher in carbs)? I looked at your fitday and tried looking for "asst salad mix" on my fitday and didn't find it so I put in every ingredient you mentioned in your salad (1 cup lettuce 1/4 c. of every other ingredient) For 3 1/4cups of salad it came to a total of 13 carbs (maybe the asst. salad mix is including the dressing and or croutons). I went to the fridge at work and looked at all the Newman's Own salad dressing packets and found none with over 5 grams of carbs per serving (including their ranch or creamy ceaser dressing). Two packets of Ken's dressing were higher (one 7 the other 10 grams of carbs, one french, one raspberry vinegrette), but that was because the first or second ingredient is high fructose corn syrup. Sweeteners will add up the carbs, have you looked at the ingredients in the dressing? If you dont feel the headaches are from not eating as many carbs as you were, it might not hurt to call your physician and mention the headaches. Your nutritionist didn't suggest a menu (more than number limits per group)? I would ask her to do that if you can't cut the carbs down to what they (or you) want. hope this helps
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/4/07 2:52 am
This is not a prepackaged mix, there are no croutons or any hidden ingredients, I have a broken out listing of the carbs on my menu post for Monday, Tuesday, on Wednesday I grouped all together and figured it for 1 cup of asst vegetables to save on posting time. If you look on the right side of the list you will see archive of dates I started making my salads on Saturday 3/31, each day forward except today it is broken out. I understand what you are saying, but veggies do add up quickly when you only have 28-42 gr. to work with on a daily basis. I can't ever imagine only doing 28 unliess I went straight protein which I have done in the past. But now doing straight protein is a no no unless I stay in my range of 68-78.
RebekaA
on 4/3/07 11:53 am - Inland Empire, CA
B: WC oatmeal S: veggies and ranch, 2Tshrimp dip w/4 crackers, 1/2 pc pound cake (damn potlucks!) L: 3oz sirloin, 1/2 c. cauliflower D: 1/2 c. Chinese Chicken Sal, xtra 2oz chicken thigh water:80oz vits done exer 2 mi on treadmill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views