1 year post-op visit

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/31/07 6:37 am
I was right, I eat too much. My portions are too big. I should have 1,000 calories, 26-42 grams of fat, 26-42 grams of carbs, and protein should be 68-78 My protein has been averaging 97. Excess protein converts to calories. Maybe my calories are less than you guys, but my portions are way bigger.
RebekaA
on 3/31/07 8:21 am - Inland Empire, CA
That's good info to have. Now you know where you want to be
~ Stylz ~
on 3/31/07 8:31 am - North of Boston, MA
did you get that information at your 1 year appt? I haven't met with my dr and nutritionist yet for my 1 year, I'm interested to see what they'll tell me I should be doing! hope all is well
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/31/07 7:07 pm
Yes this info came from the NUT at Barix. I also didn't know that the only foods that supply you with iron are beef and beef liver. Since I mainly eat chicken and shrimp my iron is on the low side, especially since I tend to be anemic. Guess all the times that my anemia didn't show up was due to eating beef. I hate beef liver.
miminjoey
on 3/31/07 11:04 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
what did they say should be your portion size...my nut before I left texas said i should stay at 4 oz forever..my doc said 6 oz at this point.....I am guessing I am at 6..maybe more depending on what it is I am eatting. Mimi
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/3/07 9:48 am
I had been eating 3-4 oz. I was told to half it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views