Help Need Bathing Suit

jannineh99
on 3/28/07 6:38 am - Melrose, MA
I cannot find a decent bathing suit anywhere that will help with the extra tummy skin and will look decent...and I tried the size bathing suit that goes with the clothing size i am in now and I could not get it past my knees....lol.....it is frustrating me...I ended up going up until I got to a size that held in the tummy and it was a 24 and i am 14 16 tummy was coverd and secure but everything else was falling out...cause it w as toooooo big...help any suggestions... Jannine 357/177/169ish
luckycat1
on 3/28/07 8:20 am - Cincinnati, OH
try jcpenny. I bought one back in dec on line. it was a size 16 it was kindof tight then but now it is lose in the boobs and belly. oh did I mention it only cost 16.99? you might need a womens size 14 just because it is rommier in the hips. try jessicalondon.com\ mj
jannineh99
on 3/28/07 11:03 am - Melrose, MA
thanks for the advice...I will certainly check out both places.... Jannine
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/28/07 11:02 am - My Town, NH
Jannine, I know I've seen bathing suits that are separates. You can buy one size top and another size bottom. They aren't bikinis necessarily. Some of the tops cover all of the tummy. For the life of me, I can't recall which catalog I saw them in. I would search via google for bathing suit separates and see what you can find. I looked at a few suits when shopping last week, but I wasn't brave enough to try any on. Maybe next summer I feel confident enough to do that. You go girl! Hugs, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 3/28/07 2:54 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Separates is a good idea, I think Stephanie is talking about Tankini's... a bikini top but covers like a tank top. Good luck
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/28/07 5:37 pm
Have you considered a diving suit? You can get a new one on E-bay for under $100. They hold everything in, no one gets to see the sagging skin, its like wearing a water girdle.
luckycat1
on 3/29/07 4:10 am - Cincinnati, OH
for the skirtinis try landsend.com, llbean.com and eddiebauer.com
miminjoey
on 3/29/07 9:38 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I tried on bathing suits ysterday and litteraly sat in the dressing room crying...My problem is my lower half. i will have to find one that has a skirt on it to cover this...i tried the ones that look like shorts and the skin just hung out under it. If you find a place that has some good ones with out costing an arm and leg please let me know! Mimi
sparkles
on 3/29/07 11:24 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I second the Jc Penney Idea. There is an outlet down here, they had a TON of options and the one I bought holds you in.... ALL THE WAY AROUND! Best of luck!
~ Stylz ~
on 3/31/07 8:22 am - North of Boston, MA
You've got more guts than I do girl!!! I agree with everyone on seperates! This way you can pick what sizes you need! I think because I wore a tshirt (not even a tank top) and mesh shorts as my "bathing suit" for so long that I can't imagine wearing a regular bathing suit. I went to Target a few weeks ago and tried on a tankini but wasn't comfortable AT ALL! The skirt was a medium and the top was an xl which still didn't come down to the waistline... way too much flabby skin in the stomach area to be showing that kind of stuff. I thought about a 1 piece but the thighs are drooping which would be another nasty sight! I know I'll have to find something since we're going on a cruise in sept. but I'll put it off as much as I can... Kinda like when we were in grade school and put the book report off til the night before its due?? just like that! good luck shopping Jannine (how bout trying Marshalls in Woburn? I heard that store is big!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views