one year update

Shari B.
on 3/28/07 1:40 am - Roseville, MI
Hello all my Marcher Friends! One year ago today I was given my life back. Never did I imagine how great I would feel and how much change I would experience in 12 short months. I'm so thankful to the Lord first and foremost, but to my wonderful surgeon for this great tool. Here are a few highlights. starting weight: 340 current weight: 200 total loss: 140 pounds! starting clothes sizes: 4x 30/32 pants and shirt clothes size now: regular xl 16/18 pants and shirts I can get in the floor and play ball with my 3 year old and get back up all by myself without being winded! I can get on my hands and knees and scrub my kitchen floor. I can sit in chairs, booths, etc. without my stomach hitting the table and no need to worry if I'll fit. I can sit on my husband's lap for the first time ever. I can wear my hubby's clothes! Not that we have the same style, but you know just because I can! My world does not revolve around food. I still love food, but I love being healthy and feeling good even more. One year ago I was walking with a cane. Today I can walk 2 miles at a time. One year ago I was on several medications for various things. Today I'm down to very few. Actually right now none due to the fact I'm expecting! And my final high light. I'm expecting a baby in early September and am actually enjoying being pregnant this time. God has blessed me with another child and I'm so thankful. What a difference a year makes! Congratulations to all of you, my friends. Sorry I have not been online much lately to respond to posts. I plan to take some time this week to read over all your updates. You all mean a lot to me and I cherish our friendships we've made. Let's keep this board going for as long as we possibly can. Love to everyone, Shari
RebekaA
on 3/28/07 3:15 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Shari! What WONDERFUL progress you have made! I'm so proud of you! You have done so well! Wow, Onederland is knocking on your door! Congratulations. We need updated photos! The ones from Dec are beautiful, you look AMAZING I would not have recognized you from your earlier photos! I didn't know you had a 3 yo! She's so cute, looks just like you! My dd will be 3 in a month. Phew! I can already tell 3's are going to be much worse than 2's! How's it for you? Congrats! Rebeka
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/28/07 5:19 am - My Town, NH
Shari, congratulations on your one year surgiversary! We are so proud of all that you have accomplished in the last year. I love wearing my husband's clothes too. It's so much fun! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! Keep us posted. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views