Surgiversary

sratliff
on 3/28/07 1:56 am - auburn, CA
Tomorrow is my surgiversary. I saw my surgeon Monday for the first time since surgery. Because of the distance involved, we have had telephone consults throughout this year. My labs have all been good and I've had no complications. I am older than most and a slow loser. However I have lost 74 pounds since surgery and 104 pounds from my highest weight. I couldn't be happier.. I f I never lose another pound I'd still be happier and healthier than Ive been in years. Would I do it again? In a heart beat. Don't let age stop you if you want this surgery. You just have to fight harder to get it since so many surgeons won't operate if someone is 60 or older. Its definitely worth fighting for!!!! I continue to lose about 3 pounds per month now and my surgeon says that should continue for about 6 nmore months. I'm usually a lurker but I had to shre this with you all.
RebekaA
on 3/28/07 3:09 am - Inland Empire, CA
That's wonderful Sandra, I know from your profile that you had to fight for your surgery! Good for you! I'm so happy for your wonderful results. Best of luck to you! Rebeka 284/261/158/150
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/28/07 5:27 am - My Town, NH
Sandra, congratulations on your one year surgiversary! It sounds like you've embraced a more active life and are enjoying every moment! Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views