I can't believe its been a whole year!!

sparkles
on 3/27/07 7:02 am - North Richland Hills, TX
So this time last year, I was laid up in the hospital in Ocala, healing from surgery. I've learned alot, gained friends, personal respect and self esteem. I've lost a whole person at the same time. I've also discovered things about myself I never knew before. For example, I have a terrible sweet tooth that needs to be under control. I don't miss soda at all. A little bit of food will fill me up. I don't have to eat it all at a buffet. Working out is fun... when you have someone to go with, but alienating when you go alone. I have alot of emotional and mental issues that I need to deal with. I'm afraid of abandonment. There's alot more here, but you don't want to hear the nitty gritty do ya?! I started this journey at 400+lbs. I'm currently bouncing between 255 - 250, I haven't really seen it dip below 250. I want it to soooo badly. I still feel like a huge person, and I still am. I'm noticing alot more hanging skin than ever before, but I'm not losing any weight. I could be losing inches, but I've never measured. I only have about 80 lbs more to lose, then I need to start talking about plastics. That last 80 is going to be much harder than the first 150, but I know it can be done. I just need to finish. I also had my first experience with dumping last night. I had a small slice of birthday cake for my birthday and well, WOW. I can see now why people dont like it! OWIE!!! Anyways.. Keep praying for me, to hang in there, and get this done, I'll get there eventually. My double chin is almost gone!!
luckycat1
on 3/27/07 10:46 am - Cincinnati, OH
congrats on your success. you can do it just look how far you have come! I dump on sugar--what the heck was I think when I put a hand full of mini kisses in my mouth???????????? congrats again!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/27/07 10:40 pm - My Town, NH
I am so very proud of you! What a year you've had! You will see numbers below 250. You'll get there! I just know it! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your journey with us. - Stephanie
sparkles
on 3/27/07 11:15 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Stephanie, Thanks for the encouragement.. my hubby and I decided that we would start working out again today, and were gonna start limiting our carbs and sweets. I should start seeing some good results soon. Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views