Shopping!

Stephanie Smiles
on 3/26/07 1:10 am - My Town, NH
I must admit something. I love to shop! Me. Yup. The chick who always hated to shop now loves it. I dreaded changing seasons and being forced to order clothes online. My size was becoming larger each year and I just dreaded trying to find clothes. I also hated spring and summer. It's so much more difficult to hide behind spring and summer clothes than it is fall and winter. My husband and I spent Friday together and headed to the mall in Burlington, MA. We had the most wonderful day hanging out and shopping. I just love being with him! I bought a spring jacket in a size large. I couldn't believe it! I tried on the extra large but it was kind of roomy. I thought that I would try the large just for fun. It fit! I also bought a bangle bracelet. Not the extended size. But a regular, off the rack, bracelet. I could shop in ANY store for ANY item and not worry that I wouldn't be able to find things that fit. It's like a whole new world has opened up. I'm teetering on the edge of size sixteen but am not quite there yet. I hope to be there in another month or so. I really can't describe the happiness that I felt on Friday just walking around the mall knowing that I could actually shop. I think my husband really enjoyed watching my expressions as I tried things on. I bet we were the smiling-est people walking the mall that day! I posted a picture of us in my profile that was taken last week at a wedding. It isn't often that we are both semi-dressed up at the same time. Still smiling, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 3/26/07 3:16 am - Inland Empire, CA
You look beautiful! and very thin!! You're skin is so pretty, you're all glowy! Must be all that exercise from shopping I know what you mean about having hated spring and summer--it just meant sweating beneath the layers I tried to hide behind! terrible! Congratulations on the large! I have to really watch myself now w/the shopping. $$$$ I LOVE it! It blows my mind that we can shop ANYWHERE and everywhere now! Not good for my wallet! So many beautiful clothes, so little time. Have a great day!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/26/07 10:17 am - My Town, NH
Rebeka, thank you so much. You're so sweet! I can relate to the budget issues. I just want to buy, buy, buy! I try to limit myself but it's tough. At least I'm enjoying the process! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 3/26/07 4:10 am - North of Boston, MA
sounds like you had an enjoyable time at the mall! Do you get there often? I think some people from the mass message board are trying to form a walking group at the mall. glad you had fun with hubby and bought clothes off the rack!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/26/07 10:19 am - My Town, NH
This was the first time we've visited that mall. It was nice! It's two hours away so I probably couldn't make it with any regularity, but it was a nice way to spend a day off. We did have tons of fun! Can't wait to see you and Barbara next month! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 3/26/07 5:06 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, I am so HAPPY for you. I remember the times when you were discouraged and thought you would never "arrive" and now you have. Good for you. I am so proud of you. Life is great, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/26/07 10:20 am - My Town, NH
Rick, thanks so much for the encouragement! If I could bottle that joy I felt on Friday, I'd be a wealthy woman and wouldn't need to worry about budgeting! Hugs, Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 3/26/07 6:47 am - Columbia, MD
Aww Stephanie, I could feel you beaming with joy and happiness from your post. You brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you and so proud of you. You are so beautiful. You look so thin in your picture! Your husband looks so proud too. I am sure he was just as thrilled as you were while shopping. I must say that I didn't enjoy shopping before because it would wear me out physically, not to mention that it always depressed me. Now I can shop for hours and still go home and do housework, cook, have fun, etc. It's great!! Congratulations! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/26/07 10:22 am - My Town, NH
Robin, thanks so much for your sweet words! I hope that my husband is proud. I know that he enjoys watching me experience life in a new way. I've never been this small of a size in the thirteen years we've been together. Isn't it great to have the energy to have fun and get stuff done? I love it! Hugs, Stephanie
Laura A.
on 3/26/07 12:01 pm - Manteca, CA
Sounds like you had a wondeful time on your shopping trip. Isn't it great to have the energy to do those kinds of things now!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures....you and your husband are a very lovely couple. Laura A.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views