vent part 2!

miminjoey
on 3/23/07 8:11 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok GRRRRRR it is flippin 5pm and they haven't even gotten here yet! I told her she could use my kitchen to bake her cake do you guys have any ideal how long it takes to make a wedding cake...where's Darlene? Come slap some sense into this girl! Not only do you have to BAKE all the layers but then you have to wait for them to cool and then you have to decorate the cake! there is NO way for her to get done at a descent hour. Why the heck she did not bake it and freeze it this week is beyond me! It would have been easy to ice no cake crumbs in the icing. This is going to be the most GHETTO WEDDING EVER! Mimi
Darlene X
on 3/23/07 8:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
Umm the wedding is tomorrow???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. have fun!!!!!! The cakes should have been baked earlier in the week, and all the icing & decorations made already. If they bake tonight, the cakes need to cool overnight minimum... oteriwse risk butter cream melting or not sticking... cakes really need to cool 12-24 hours before decorating... I guess it would be ok if it only has 3-4 hours to cool. It takes a LOT of time for a wedding cake.. but what your describing, it doesn't sound like it's going to be the most professional wedding cake anyway.... I'd love to know how it turns out-- let me know. I have a wedding in May and Im already planning LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views