My 1 year surgiversary today too

Laura A.
on 3/20/07 8:59 am - Manteca, CA
Today, March 20, is my 1 year surgiversary. It totally amazes me what a ride this last year has been!! I have lost 147 pounds and found so many wonderfully supportive new friends. This last year has truly been a roller coaster ride for me with many ups and a few downs. 2 months after surgery my husband left and said he did not want to be married to me anymore......he had found someone else he wanted to be with. I struggled emotionally last summer and then finally figured out I needed to "get it together" not only for myself, but for my children too. Since then I have held my head high and lived life. The Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays were a little hard, but I found that joining in on the Christmas card exchange worked wonders for my self esteem. I received countless heartfelt cards from people I have never met but could feel their love. I cannot thank all of you enough for all your support, well wishes and encouragement even though you may not have known what was going on in the background. I love you all. This past weekend I went on the WLS Success Cruise with a group of OHers from the California board! I had sooo much fun and think they should make it an annual event. I tried to climb the rock wall....but couldn't get to the top. That's why I need to go again, 'cause next time I'm for sure going to be ringing that bell at the top!! I danced at the disco, played non-winning bingo, walked several miles on the deck track (I earned enough Ship Shape dollars to buy an RC water bottle and an RC sweat towel), played shuffleboard, shot baskets, and ate my way through the dining room and the buffet room....making good food choices most of the time. It was the first time since I don't know when that I didn't mind when the elevators were full...I just took the stairs and didn't even think about it twice. It was a BLAST!!! Thank you everyone for just being here for me.... Laura A. Stylz......I loved the cards you sent out. What a truly beautiful transformation!!!
miminjoey
on 3/20/07 9:07 am - Fort Bragg, NC
wow...I'd make a comment like I bet he's probably wishing he hadn't left you now...you hot momma, but that probably wouldn't be the right thing to say....so I'll just say way to go! I am so glad you had a great time on your cruise...can't believe you climbed a rock wall...even if I had the arm strength, which I don't, the hights we be enough to keep me on the ground! Mimi
Rick A.
on 3/20/07 10:35 am - Far Northern, CA
Laura, It is so good to hear that even though you have had a rough ride, you came through it a better and more self assured person. I'm glad your kids have you. I agree that cruising is the way to go. Good for you for even trying the rock climbing wall, I don't think I could do that. I hope you continue to have new adventures in the next year and in your future. You have done so well. I / We are proud of you. Life is great, Rick
Amy I.
on 3/20/07 11:17 am - KS
I am so proud of you! You have been through a lot this year! But you have made it! And you have succeeded in holding your head up HIGH! 147 is a whole other person Congrats! Amy I
RebekaA
on 3/20/07 12:25 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Laura, You have done AMAZING, you've lost both Olsen twins + a supermodel. you should be so proud, not only of your WL, but what you've come thru the last year. You are so strong and I know the future will hold only good things for you! The cruise sounds so fun! Congratulations on your year! Continued success to you! Rebeka
jennb40
on 3/20/07 9:14 pm - Nashua, NH
What a great job you have done...especially with all the other trials and tribulations you have gone through in the last year. You are definitely a very strong woman and a very beautiful woman. Congratulations on all your successes...ALL of them. I am glad you are a MARCHer loser!!!! Hugs to you, Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/21/07 12:03 am - My Town, NH
Laura, I am so proud of you for so many reasons. I hope that you are proud of you too. Your perserverence is inspiring. I'm glad you took that cruise. You deserve it! Congratulations on losing 147 pounds. Truly amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey, with all of its ups and downs, with us. - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 3/21/07 3:46 am - Columbia, MD
Congratulations Laura! You are not only a WLS success story but you have overcome great trials and STILL succeeded. I am proud of you and inspired by you. I am glad you has so much fun on your cruise. Sounds like you sure deserved it. It has been a great year. I hope you have found that deep within you are a strong, vibrant, wonderful woman who has a lot of life to live ahead of her! Keep living it! Hugs, Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 3/21/07 10:22 pm - North of Boston, MA
Laura Happy Surgiversary!! sorry to hear about your ups and downs, but wow girl you sound like you're having fun now!! Keep your head up, your a beautiful person inside and out!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views