Excess Skin

penhail53
on 3/17/07 11:31 pm - LsSueur, MN
Now that its been a year I was wondering if I could get some feed back as to how some of you feel about the excess skin. I am very happy with this surgery and know I did it for health reason but honestly was excited to loose the weight and be in so called normal clothes. I went shopping yesterday and it was fun with the spring clothes out but got a little depressed because of the sagging skin in my legs and have alot of skin around my belly arms etc! I try hard to focus on the good and beat myself up for being so vein about the excess skin. I know I will never be able to afford plastic surgery. Again very happy with the surgery just needed some feed back as to know I am not alone with theese thoughts! Thank's to whom ever listens Jan
~ Stylz ~
on 3/17/07 11:40 pm - North of Boston, MA
Jan I think a lot of us have the same issue you do, sagging skin.. I feel great that I've lost weight, but looking at droopy skin doesn't do much for confidence! I plan on looking into plastic surgery once I've reached my goal and maintained it. Some insurance companies cover all or some of it. I found a great product that works wonders! Its called Lipo in a Box! Its a compression garment that keeps skin where it should be! I like it because it isn't like a girdle it holds things in where they should be, but there is stretch in areas that dont need as much support. I have some before and after pictures (wearing the garment and not wearing it) that I told the owner I would take for her website. If you want to see the difference send me your email address I wear the "body suit with legs". My goal is to buy enough of them to wear them all week, they're a little costly but so worth it!! here is the link: www.lipoinabox.com
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/18/07 6:52 am - My Town, NH
Hiya Jan. You are definitely NOT alone in this! My skin sags everywhere. It's gross. I think the whole vanity thing is interesting for me. I used to look in the mirror as little as possible. Now, I look far more often. I'm much more concerned with my appearance. I don't look bad in clothes, but naked is a much different story! Fortunately, my insurance will cover some plastic surgery. I know they won't cover everything I will want so we'll have to see how that goes. I don't ever need to be able to wear a bikini. But, someday, I would love to be able to wear a cute sleeveless top and shorts. It's one of those very long range goals! Hugs, Stephanie
Darlene X
on 3/19/07 2:09 am - Maricopa, AZ
I dont like it... but I plan on having babies so don't dwell on my tummy skin (Where it is the worst).... Wearing clothes Im fine, and the only person seeing it is my Hubby who has far more skin than I do... so it's not such a huge issue for me. One day I might like to get rid of it.. but for now Im good. I understand the feelings though, it doesn't make me happy... but I'd rather have this than be fat.
miminjoey
on 3/19/07 10:02 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I hate the skin! I finally have this great body to match my personality but can't wear shorts or short skirts because you can see my skin move in waves when walk. My arm are just sagging like some old granny...I'm glad I did this but man of man Mimi
miminjoey
on 3/19/07 10:07 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Oh did I add the chicken/turkey neck I have now from where my neck use to be so fat? I am too young to have a sagging neck!!!! Mimi (having mid life crisiss early!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views