St. Patty and Me--One Year!

RebekaA
on 3/17/07 9:05 am - Inland Empire, CA
A year ago today, I was sitting in a hospital room wondering what the h### I done to myself but excited about the new life in front of me! It's surreal to me how fast the year flew by! I remember every moment of my pre-op old "fat life"--trapped in fat prison and miserable...and yet I don't remember, does that make sense? I've felt free for so long it feels like another life someone else led. I remember only to motivate myself to never go back. My personal goal was to lose 100#'s from my SW my first year--which I squeeked in this week! The rest from here will just be gravy! THANK YOU ALL for all the support and encouragement you have given me this year, I can't express how grateful I have been for this board and having you all to go thru this with. I am stronger for "knowing" you all! Happy St. Patrick's Day Rebeka highest (dec 95): 284 SW: (mar) 261 today: 160! goal: 145ish preop size: 24/26 today: 8's! I NEVER thought I'd see 8's again!
RebekaA
on 3/17/07 9:23 am - Inland Empire, CA
ooop highest weight should read Dec 05, not 95!
~ Stylz ~
on 3/17/07 9:45 am - North of Boston, MA
happy surgiversary Rebeka!!! St. Patty's day as a surgiversary date, how cool! go out and enjoy a green dirty martini you earned it!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/17/07 9:49 am - My Town, NH
Happy Surgiversary Rebeka! I'm so very proud of you and all you have accomplished this past year. You're gorgeous inside and out. Thanks for supporting all of us this past year and sharing your journey with us. Here's to you! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 3/17/07 9:51 am - Far Northern, CA
Rebeka, You have done GREAT. I too have a hard time remembering the pre WLS days. Things are starting to feel "normal". I never knew what normal was before. It also is easy to get on with life, but we must remember where we came from and help others along their journey. You have done so very well and I am SO very happy for you. Thank you for letting us share in your success. Life is great, Rick
Amy I.
on 3/18/07 9:10 pm - KS
What a ride! You have done a great job in one year! 100 lbs is an amazing feet! Congrats! Amy I
miminjoey
on 3/19/07 10:15 am - Fort Bragg, NC
wow!!! way to go...I am so excited for you...Hugs and kisses!! You looks AMAZING! Mimi
Beckers
on 3/20/07 11:39 am - Cottage Grove, OR
YAY BEK!! ONE YEAR. Never again will we live that fat life again!! *hugs* Bec
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!