one year today!

sngglnclos
on 3/16/07 11:27 pm - sw burbs, MN
While I don't post alot I do read and wanted to share! I am amazed at how quickly the year has passed and the transformation that comes with it. While it is a great wild ride, it is not without bumps and road blocks. You have to keep your head on straight or have someone in your life to keep you grounded. My current weight is 173.5 and I am in awe of this. I was hoping to be under 180 but said out loud my goal was 200 and healthy. Beginning size of 26/28 current size 10/12 size medium - freaking amazing!! beginning bmi 48.2 todays bmi 27.1 314 highest (jan) 308 pre op (march) 294 day of surgery 305 1 week post op 2/17/07 - 176 3/17/07 - 173.5 Inches lost waist - starting 50 inches 12/18/06 34 inches today 32 inches hips starting 57 inches 12/18/06 41 inches today 39 inches My new goal is 165, I have had a rough few weeks with the loss of my dad and reverted back to old habits of eating to try to comfort myself, they didnt' work and made me feel like crap, over full, nausause and discomfort. I know that food will never be my friend and I think that is a good realization. Food is for fuel and socialization - not comfort or friendship. I learn new things all the time!!
Rick A.
on 3/17/07 12:28 am - Far Northern, CA
Ali, First let me express my condolences for the loss of your father. I know this must be a difficult time. Thank you for posting your statistics. It gives us all a true picture of what this tool has done for you. You have taken what you were given and made the most of it. You have every right to be proud of what you have accomplished. I think our challenge now is to go about our lives and listen to what our new pouch is trying to tell us. It can only get better from here. Once again congratulations on doing so well. Life is great, Rick
sngglnclos
on 3/17/07 9:01 am - sw burbs, MN
Thanks Rick! You brought a huge smile to my face! You have had an amazing transformation yourself! Us Marchers have done well - very well!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/17/07 7:16 am - My Town, NH
Ali, congratulations on your one year surgiversary! I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your father. It is difficult to lose a parent. You have done so well this past year and made amazing progress toward a healthier you! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Hugs, Stephanie
sngglnclos
on 3/17/07 9:01 am - sw burbs, MN
Thanks Stephanie!!
RebekaA
on 3/17/07 12:48 pm - Inland Empire, CA
I'm so sorry about your father! I wish you strength and comfort. Congratulations on your success! We have the same date! What a year it's been! You have done an amazing job! Keep up the great work! Rebeka
sngglnclos
on 3/17/07 10:03 pm - sw burbs, MN
Oh you are the first person I know that has the same date! You have done wonderful yourself! We have been blessed to have this second chance at a healthy life!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views