it must be bad

miminjoey
on 3/15/07 9:34 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Wednesday I had to take my son to the doctor he has an ear infection....but he was back to school today.... While we were waiting he was looking at this poster on the wall and it had 2 girls 1 normal looking teen in a blue prom dress that said PROM QUEEN the girl beside her was skin and bones and was in the same dress but it said METH QUEEN. He asked me to explain the poster so I did...he's nine and you know they start earlier and earlier now....so later I was changing into my pjs and he goes MOM ARE YOU ON DRUGS! I thought I would die every window in my house was open it was 80 yesterday and I live in an appartment. I'm like what, NO why would you ask that!...he goes, your arms are skinny like the girls in the picture, where's all the fat that use to be in the skin? I was so upset, here I have been so excited about my weight loss and because of it my son thinks I am on drugs? I had to explain do you remeber when Aunt Susan came to stay with us when Mommy was really sick and the doctor cut open my stomach...he did and then he understood...but to be compared to a meth queen UGH
luckycat1
on 3/15/07 10:09 am - Cincinnati, OH
he is used to you being heavy. it will take him some time to get used to the new healthy you (who looks wondeful by the way). mj
jennb40
on 3/15/07 8:44 pm - Nashua, NH
Sometimes kids are way too honest...don't you just hope he is that honest in a few years where honesty is really important in his day-to-day activities!!! At least he called you a QUEEN - maybe not the one you were hoping for! Maybe you should dig out an old prom dress and take a picture in that and then show him the poster and I am betting he will think you look more like the PROM QUEEN than the METH QUEEN!!!! I also bet he would rather have skinny (fat gone from the arms) mom than the old (fat in the arms) mom....especially since you can do so much more with him! Don't let it get you down...kids will be kids! Hugs to my sister from another mother! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/16/07 12:29 am - My Town, NH
Mimi, I'm sure that it must be difficult for children to understand the changes that have happened to our bodies over the past year. It's great that he felt comfortable enough with you to talk to you about his thoughts. I hope he now understands that you are HEALTHY! Hugs, Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 3/16/07 3:10 am - Columbia, MD
My dad told me that I look sick when he saw a recent picture of me. They live in Florida and haven't seen me since Dec 2005. He said I need to carry food with me everywhere because I am not eating enough. He hasn't seen these hips!! Just kidding. My girls are always telling me that I need to do something about my boobs. They are always telling me that my back look sick. My spine shows a lot now. Your son is just not used to how you look. Being thin is a whole new thing for him, just as it is for us. One of my friends recently talked about her journey. She said she was really worried because she had these two really hard spots on her hips. She didn't know what it could be and thought that she had some kind of weird tumor or something. Then she realized that she was feeling her hip bones. I am sure you don't look like someone who is on drugs. He just saw a very skinny girl and you are skinny now too. He probably didn't catch onto the other things in the picture that made it obvious that the girl was on drugs. Of course the windows would be open, when else would our kids say stuff like that! You are beautiful. Hugs, Robin
robinsaxton
on 3/16/07 3:27 am - Columbia, MD
By the way, Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on all of your success this past year. I am so proud of you. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views