1 year...it's been a great one!

robinsaxton
on 3/15/07 1:48 am - Columbia, MD
I just wanted to post a quick update. I haven't had a chance to put any new pics on my profile yet. I hope to get that done this weekend. I just wanted to announce that my official weight loss for one year is 108.5 lbs! I am so happy with my results. This has been such a wild year. The beginning was very difficult but I was determined to make the best of this opportunity. I made it through the rough spots and I am so glad that I did this for myself. I still have 18 lbs to reach my personal goal. For the first time in my life I not only believe that I CAN and WILL reach my goal, but I also believe that I will maintain my weight loss. That is a very good feeling. For years, everytime I started a new program or diet I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop and to fail, once again. Not this time! This is for life!!! My family is so proud of me. I am hoping that I am teaching my girls that a healthy, balanced life style is possible. It feels so good to hear my husband call me skinny. I love shopping for clothes. I love hearing how good I look, I also actually believe it when someone tells me how nice I look. I do enjoy the looks I get from men, not that I am seeking them out but it is nice to see a man look at me and smile and know he isn't thinking or seeing how fat I am. It's nice to feel good about how I look. It's great knowing that no matter where I go, I will fit. I will be able to sit in any seat, or even on my husband's lap without making his leg fall asleep. I am physically fit and I enjoy exercise and moving. I don't dread doing anything physical anymore because I know I CAN and I won't be so sore I can't move the next day. I think the best thing about me that has changed is my outlook on life. I feel better about myself, I love me, what I look like and how I feel. I see things in a whole new way. Our life still has many of the same problems, trials, and life issues that come up. But my attitude is positive and upbeat no matter what. Sure I still have bad days but all in all, I am happy, joyful and looking forward to living life to the fullest! Thanks for sharing this journey with me. I am sorry this was so long. Hugs, Robin 272/163.5/145 72.75 inches lost
Rick A.
on 3/15/07 3:38 am - Far Northern, CA
Robin, You have done so well. You have every right to be proud of yourself. It is a great feeling to feel good about yourself and realize you can reach your goals. It's great to feel like you are actually living life again. I think things can only get better. Thank you for sharing your positive outlook with us. Life is great, Rick
robinsaxton
on 3/15/07 4:39 am - Columbia, MD
It's been a great year for all of us. We all have so much to be proud of! I thought is was so cool and inspiring when you reached your goal...before your one year anniversary! Now that's working the tool. You're right, things are only getting better. Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/15/07 6:38 am - My Town, NH
Robin, I am so happy for you AND so very proud of you! You've done an amazing job changing your lifestyle and embracing the challenges that accompany that change. I hope you celebrate your success by enjoying the freedom that your hard work has given you. Hugs, Stephanie
Amy I.
on 3/18/07 9:27 pm - KS
Great Job! I can relate to everything that you have posted! I am glad that you are feeling better about yourself! Inside and out! Amy I
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views