Plastics Approved!!!

robinsaxton
on 3/8/07 9:41 pm - Columbia, MD
I can't believe this! I received a call late yesterday afternoon (3/8) from the case manager at Walter Reed Plastic Surgery clinic. She spoke with the surgeon, Dr. Bonnecarre and he told her that there won't be any charge because of my massive weight loss and because I am a Walter Reed by-pass patient. The lower body lift surgery is covered!!!! I am going to call back the week of March 20th to schedule my surgery date. I am still in shock. I started crying on the phone when Mrs. Hill told me. I really hope this will make a difference. I hope they can at least get 4 inches off of my thighs. They will also lift my butt! That will be cool. They will lipo the outer thighs and give me the tummy tuck. I will likely look into doing my breasts later on. That I will have to pay for but at Walter Reed the surgery is about $1500. I think I can save up for that. Besides, a good bra will help me out until then. They aren't going to do the inner thighs yet. They are concerned that would be too much to recover from. They said they can do that later on as well. Who knows, they might cover that too. And if not, it will still be much cheaper and I am perfectly happy getting what I am getting!!! I am so excited! This is going to be happening very quickly. I have two months to get 10-15 (pushing for 20) more lbs off. I can do it. I know I can. My hope is that after the surgery I will be able to wear a 12 in jeans comfortably. I also hope that I won't have to alter my pants in the waist and that I can wear skirts/dresses that match in the waist/hips. That will be a dream come true!!! Maybe even no more elastic waisted skirts. It would be so cool to be able to buy and pant or skirt suit knowing that I can fit the same size in the bottom as the top! I must give thanks to the Lord for His blessings. He has answered so many prayers in the past year. And the blessings keep coming. I am very humbled! I love the Lord so very much. I would love Him even without these blessings. I truly thank the Lord for His love and blessings. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/8/07 10:10 pm - My Town, NH
Robin, I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news. You'll have the body of an 18 year old soon! Congratulations! Hugs, Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 3/8/07 11:19 pm - Columbia, MD
Thanks Stephanie. I would settle for the body of oh say a 25 year old. LOL Actually I will just be happy for being more balanced in my sizes.
miminjoey
on 3/8/07 10:15 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am so excited for you!!! Also i can't wait to see how it turns out...well not turn out but how you recover because I'll need a lower body lift and butt lift too...and I hope I can get the Army to pay for it. wow wow wow! congratulations!!! Hugs!!! Mimi
robinsaxton
on 3/8/07 11:23 pm - Columbia, MD
Thanks Mimi. I will definitely let you know how the recovery goes. Supposed to be about 3 weeks of down time. I pray it's not any more than that because I know that work would not like that. I am still in shock that this is going to be paid for. I am looking at May/early June timeframe for surgery.
RebekaA
on 3/8/07 11:18 pm - Inland Empire, CA
WOW what GREAT news! i'm so happy for you! I can't tell that you need it from your pics, but if you say so Congrats! i'm jealous of your butt lift!
robinsaxton
on 3/8/07 11:26 pm - Columbia, MD
Trust me I need it! I can hide things when I turn to the side. My butt has sagged for so many years I just can't even picture what it will look like. Even without that, I would be happy with the thighs and smaller hips alone.
jennb40
on 3/8/07 11:38 pm - Nashua, NH
I am so excited for you....you will be a new woman - again! I am afraid the only butt lift I will get is if I put my hands under my butt and scoot it up!!!! I just with my boobs didn't touch my navel!!!! I think you are the first MARCHer to have the PS - I know you will do fine. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and keep up informed! Hugs to you, Barbara
robinsaxton
on 3/9/07 2:45 am - Columbia, MD
Thanks Barbara. I stand in front of the mirror almost everyday and lift my thighs just to try and picture what it will look like. I won't have surgery until May but I will be sure to let y'all know how it all goes. Hugs, Robin
sparkles
on 3/9/07 1:19 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Robin, That is truly soooo awesome! I still have a long way till I can start pursuing plastics... but I'm so jealous of you!! Thats ok.. The lovely Miss Danni pointed out to me, that people that loose over 200 lbs (I'm about 40 away from that) have 30 - 40 lbs of excess skin to get rid of, so I don't have as much to loose as I thought I did.. I only have about 80 lbs instead of over 100. YAY!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views