First Wow moment in a LONG time!

sparkles
on 3/7/07 6:08 am - North Richland Hills, TX
So... ok. I've needed to buy a swimsuit for a LONG time.. because, well, the size 30's dont fit my size 18 body anymore. I went to walmart, but the one I liked hated the fact that I had Side boobs and excess skin everywhere and made me look really icky. I told my friend about it, and she said that there was a JCPenny's outlet store close by me.. and they had TONS of suits for small prices. I went there, and well, I found like 10 I liked, picked out 5 that I thought looked the best, and tried them on.. Some didn't give my boobs any support, but one... OMG.. WOW It made this size 18 blob of skin look like a size 14. I had never felt so good in a swimsuit!!! I wasn't even mad about the skin on my thighs... cuz it made the rest of me look soooo cute. The best part? I only paid 35 bucks for a 90 dollar suit!!! WOOHOOO!!! Now I'm gonna start swimming again. YAY! Anyways.. It gave me the boost I needed to get out there and finish my weightloss. I even turned down a Great American Cookie sandwich today... I'm so proud of me! HEHE.
luckycat1
on 3/7/07 7:10 am - Cincinnati, OH
congrats on the small size and good job turning down the cookie.
miminjoey
on 3/7/07 7:54 am - Fort Bragg, NC
size 18 woo hoo!!! way to go hottie!!! turned down a cookie you are the woman!! Cookies will be my down fall
sparkles
on 3/7/07 9:38 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Sweets all around are my downfall, and I'm refusing to buy any more. My husband is gonna get very mad at me soon. LOL. Someone pray for me!
RebekaA
on 3/8/07 2:14 am - Inland Empire, CA
WTG!!! Being able to not only wear a b. suit, but feel GOOD in one, is a HUGE weight lifted from your soul and a major accomplishment! i'm so proud of you! Go ROCK that pool girl!
robinsaxton
on 3/8/07 2:23 am - Columbia, MD
Yay!!! That is great! I am so happy for you. You are doing so good. And turning down that cookie...good for you. I won't be caught dead in a swimsuit or shorts for that matter this year. I am not even sure I'll wear a tank top but I just might not go that far. My thighs, hips and butt sag so badly that I am too embarrassed to wear shorts, even around the house. I might be able to overcome the arms. They aren't great but I can live with them, I just won't move them that much. LOL Have you seen the commercial for the new tv show about weddings. The girls is wiggling her arm and her mom says she can't go sleeveless unless they stop moving. The other girls say "wow, look at it go". Its funny...but my reality no the less. Congratulations again! Hugs, Robin
luckycat1
on 3/8/07 3:05 am - Cincinnati, OH
have you tried the teddy grams 100 call packs--only 6 grm sof sugar--so good on top of my new favorite carmel s/f pudding--it's vanilla pudding with carmel on top. can't remember the calories or sugar break down (I think Mrs. Barb from NH posted about it a few days ago) I also buy gerbers arrow root baby cookies--taste like butter cookies to me. teo cookies have I think 35 cals and 2 or 4 grms of sugar. they also have some graham crackers that are low in sugar. the gerber stage 2 fruit puffs also help me. I think an oz is 25 cals and two grms of sugar. good luck
sparkles
on 3/8/07 4:13 am - North Richland Hills, TX
All of those suggestions are really good, but I think I need to just nix it all completely. Mainly because I don't know how to stop. I really don't. Its killing me, but I think its best to just chill. I'm gonna go back on my protien shakes and drinking more water. I have had like 2 glasses all week. The rest of the time is tea.. and its decaf, but I think I need to just detox.. *sighs* I've been putting it off for weeks. Amy
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/8/07 7:48 am - My Town, NH
Yay Amy! Way to go! Congratulations on looking AND feeling good. I'm so proud of you for working hard and achieving your goals. Keep up the great work and I can relate to the cookie issues. I never met a cookie that didn't look tasty! Did I mention Girl Scout cookies are pure evil??? Hugs, Stephanie
sparkles
on 3/8/07 9:01 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I totally agree on the pure evil part.. I figured.. I need to eat them all now, so there are no more in my house!!! LOL. I think I'm just gonna take em to work and leave them on a table.. someone will eat them. I'm gonna make some of those peanut butter balls. They sound pretty good. Anyways..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views