It's been a year!

Stephanie Smiles
on 3/6/07 7:38 pm - My Town, NH
Good morning! One year ago today, I joined the loser's bench. What a ride it has been! I have lost 101 pounds since surgery (135 since the beginning of my journey) and 55.75 inches. I've lost a medium sized adult! I am healthier and happier and also making better choices to continue that healthy trend. WLS has given me so much more than it has taken away. Pre-surgery I always thought about all of the things that I wouldn't be able to do after the procedure. Now I think about all of the things I CAN do. There are very few things I cannot eat, however there are many things I choose not to eat or choose to eat a little of every now and then. I am so much more active and enjoying my ability to participate in life. I never knew how much planning was required for me to just live as a morbidly obese person. I always thought of myself as a highly functioning big girl with a ton of energy despite my size. I was wrong. I don't have to plan anymore. I just do. And, that is the greatest gift of all! Thanks to each and every one of you for giving me such great support and also for sharing your stories with me. You are the best! Hugs, Stephanie P.S. One year post-op pictures are in my profile.
miminjoey
on 3/6/07 8:36 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
amazing!!! I am so proud of you and so happy for you!! I love the new pic...you are so pretty!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/6/07 11:52 pm - My Town, NH
Mimi, thank you so much! You are sweet. We have all done so well in the past year. Hugs, Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 3/6/07 10:36 pm - Columbia, MD
Happy Anniversary Stephanie! I am so happy for you. You have done an amazing job! It is great to hear how much happier and healthier you are. I appreciate your CAN Do attitude! I also appreciate what you said about making choices. It truly is about choosing what is best for the life I want to live. If I want energy, want to feel good, want to meet and maintain my goal then I CAN make the best CHOICES to accomplish my goals. Congratulations Stephanie! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/6/07 11:54 pm - My Town, NH
Robin, thank you so much! I agree that choices make the difference. I am learning that life, in general, is about choices. Sometimes it's a tough thing to learn! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 3/6/07 11:54 pm - Nashua, NH
Stephanie, your pictures are beautiful....you are one of those people that is beautiful on the inside and beautiful on the outside! I am so thankful for all the new and wonderful changes in your life - you deserve each and every one of them. You are always such an inspiration to all of us MARCHers! Keep up the good work! Hugs to you, Barbara - PS - Can't wait to see you and STYLZ on the 17th when we meet for lunch!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/6/07 11:56 pm - My Town, NH
Oh my friend, you make me blu****hanks for your kind words. Will I even recognize you on the 17th? I might walk right by you! You are inspirational as well and I am fortunate to have you supporting me. See you soon! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 3/7/07 12:24 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, Your pictures look great. You look like a beautiful "normal" size person. I am so happy for you and am glad that you are happy with yourself. It only gets better. Life is great, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/7/07 2:17 am - My Town, NH
Rick, I think "normal" may be the best compliment a former morbidly obese person could get! Thanks for your support. You have done very well too! Life is, indeed, great. - Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 3/7/07 12:48 am - North of Boston, MA
amazing!! your new pictures are beautiful, can't wait to meet you in person
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!