Shrimp/Mango Salad recipe for Stylz

RebekaA
on 3/4/07 1:01 pm - Inland Empire, CA
...and anyone else who'd like Stylz...here's the recipe you asked for. It seems like a lot of work/ingredients but it's really just a mix it up. I use frozen, thawed shrimp and don't even heat them. I've also made it leaving out the sesame oil and fish sauce (I was out) and it tasted great anyway. Hope you enjoy! Sesame-Ginger Shrimp & Spicy Bean Salad Shrimp (if using fresh/raw): 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined 2 t. sesame oil 1 T. minced fresh ginger 1 t. minced garlic 1 T. white sesame seeds 2 t. olive oil for sautéing Dressing: 1/4 c. plus 2 T. lime juice 1/4 c plus 2 T. red wine vinegar 1 t. sesame oil 1 T. olive oil 1 t. fish sauce 1 T. sugar (I use Splenda) ½ t. hot chili paste or red pepper flakes 2 t. minced fresh ginger Salad: 3 cups cooked black beans, or two 15oz cans, rinsed and drained 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chunked 3 scallions, thinly sliced ½ c. cilantro, chopped Combine (raw) shrimp, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds. Set in fridge until ready to cook, up to 2 hrs ahead. Wisk together the lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, Olive oil, fish sauce, sugar, chili paste and ginger. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. In a large bowl, place black beans, cucumber, mango, scallions and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad, toss to coat well and set aside. Saute shrimp, add to salad. 4 servings (probably 8 for post ops=)
RebekaA
on 3/4/07 1:04 pm - Inland Empire, CA
PS here's some (roughly calculated) nutritional info: serving size: 1 cup Cals 288 protein 24.5 carbs 43 (-10 fiber grams) = 33 carbs total
~ Stylz ~
on 3/4/07 10:31 pm - North of Boston, MA
cilantro too?? I'm a cilantro addict! thanks for the recipe!!! cant wait to try it!
jannineh99
on 3/4/07 11:13 pm - Melrose, MA
Rebeka, just a quick question about this recipe...how long will it stay fresh in the fridge. Jannine 357/178/169
~ Stylz ~
on 3/5/07 12:24 am - North of Boston, MA
I just wrote the recipe out on an index card and came back to ask the same question! great minds think alike Can't wait to make this recipe over the weekend! sounds so good with the sweet from the fruit and crunch from the cucumber and the spice!! my mouths watering
RebekaA
on 3/5/07 3:48 am - Inland Empire, CA
It's good for 2 days, possibly 3....? After that the shrimp tend to get tough. But since it's cured in lime juice, it's still ok to eat.
~ Stylz ~
on 3/6/07 6:31 am - North of Boston, MA
I got a sign today.. I went to trader joes and they were sampling frozen mango chunks. Usually Im not a fan of frozen fruit and veggies but this was just as good as fresh mango!! Each bag was 1.99 so I picked up a couple bags. The sign.... make this recipe over the weekend!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views