Surgiversary POLL Come on in!!

Stephanie Smiles
on 3/5/07 3:10 am - My Town, NH
Hard to believe it's been almost a whole year! Change in numbers: Starting weight - 350 Surgery weight - 331 Current weight - 215 Goal weight - 160ish Starting sizes - 28/30 Current sizes - 18 and almost 16! Loss in inches - 55.75 (unbelievable!!!) Your biggest WOW moment? So many but tossing out my seat belt extender for the airplane is a big one. Also, going to the gym regularly and taking a spinning class. Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? Weigh less than 200 lbs. Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? Exercise, sit in any seat without wondering if I will fit and know that my health is not continuing to deteriorate. Reward when you reach your goal weight? Plastic surgery! Do you have any regrets since your surgery? NONE! What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Easiest has been learning how to eat properly to nourish my body instead of my mind. Hardest has been the whole not drinking with meals thing. Any complications you've had? NONE! Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? Didn't have any and know that I won't develop them now. Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? Sometimes eating more than I need to eat. Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? More exercise. How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? Relationships are stronger because I can be more active. Favorite post op recipe (please share with us) Taco soup! If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? NSA Fudgsicles, the gym and ground turkey. If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? To remember that this is a journey and that it will not be completed overnight. Also, as your body goes through these changes, your mind will need time to adjust as well. Thanks for sharing everyone. What a bunch of incredible losers we are! Hugs, Stephanie
Nadine O.
on 3/6/07 6:17 am - Baltimore, MD
Today is my 1 year. WOOHOO!!! pre-op 304 (BMI 44.9)/ current weight 209 (BMI 30.9)/ goal weight 175 Your biggest WOW moment? Being able to wear a halter top for my 40th birthday party. Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? 175 lbs (size 12) Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? Walk up stairs without getting out of breath. Reward when you reach your goal weight? Not sure Do you have any regrets since your surgery? Not excercising enough What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Easiest- cheating. Hardest- not cheating too much Any complications you've had? upper abdominal pain with in the past month (Nothing wrong, my test result were good) Doc says I probably didn't chew something well and it got stuck. Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? I didn't have any serious medical issues. My knees and back feel better though. Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? Sugar Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? Excersise more How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? It's about the same. I avoided negative folk before and I still do. Favorite post op recipe (please share with us) I don't have one (sorry) If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? Wendy's Chili, Dannon Light and Fit yogurt, chicken broth. If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? sip, sip, sip, chew, chew, chew. Get in plenty fiber and protein. Take Care, Nadine
donnarlene
on 3/7/07 2:16 am - Newberry, MI
Change in numbers... Starting weight, surgery weight, current weight, goal weight, starting sizes, current sizes, loss in inches? ***Starting: 244 ***Current: 146 ***Goal: 135-140 ***Size beginning: 22 ***Size now: 7/8 juniors or 6 misses Your biggest WOW moment? ***A month or so ago I bought a pair of jeans that I could barely pull up because I figured when I fit them, I wouldn't be getting any smaller. Now, I put the jeans on and have to keep pulling them up! They aren't really too big, but they have definitely got loose! Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? ***That 135-140 goal! Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? ***For me, this has been more of an emotional journey. A year ago, I would go out with my husband and imagine the people around us thinking, "What is he doing with her?" or "Wow, is she fat!" because that is how I saw myself. I hated the person that I had become and truly felt trapped. Now, I can look in the mirror and know that the person looking back at me is the person I have really always been, just hidden. And what do I think the people around us think now? "Wow, did he get lucky!" Reward when you reach your goal weight? ***Boobs Do you have any regrets since your surgery? ***None, it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? ***Easiest: Kicking the sugar/chocolate addiction. I just have no desire for those foods anymore. I allow myself a 100 calorie pack, which I usually share with my dog, but I don't even think about the sweets that I used to have to have every day. ***Hardest: Remembering to eat slow, chew and not drink! Any complications you've had? ***None. Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? ***None, except the normal pains that go alone with being so heavy. Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? ***Probably too many carbs, courtesy of the aforementioned 100 calorie pack. I really fight to get my protien in every day. Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? ***Exercise from the beginning. And maybe not become so obsessed with the scale. I think I am more obsessed with the food and weight now than I was before. How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? ***By the time I made this decision, I didn't care what anyone else thought. I told them I was going to do this for me, I didn't ask. I think it has been hardest on my three skinny sisters. They have always been the thin ones and are able to eat anything. Our times together were spent with our favorite desserts and snacks. Now, that is gone and they are the only ones who miss it! My children and my husband are very supportive and often tell me how skinny I am. Wow, never thought I would hear that! Favorite post op recipe (please share with us) ***I found a recipe for sugar free vanilla and chocolate pinwheel cookies on Splenda.com. They are great, but certainly not calorie free! If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? ***Crystal light to go, unjury protein, and this website! If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? ***You will feel better every day in the beginning, and don't obsess about the scale!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views