WDYET?? *** WEDNESDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 2/28/07 10:12 am - North of Boston, MA
everyone we had a wellness and fitness expo at work today! there were a lot of vendors there.... INCLUDING the clinic where I had WLS (Jenny was there)! Since no one at work knows about surgery I didn't stop by or even acknowledge they were there, I felt bad because she looked directly at me The school is starting a walking program in the spring and they want to get our avg steps while at work so they gave us pedometers at the expo. Saucony sneakers were there with waterbottles and they had someone there *****cords your stride and step then tells you what sneaker you should be using, what your average miles per hour would be, etc. interesting stuff! Drive to work - 2 drinkable yogurts Breakfast - weight control with 2/3 cup milk snack - 1/2 cup watermelon lunch - 4 soy chicken nuggets drive home - 2 drinkable yogurts dinner - 3 oz. burger and a few sweet potato chips how did you do today?
Pat T.
on 2/28/07 10:31 am - Rome, NY
The sneaker fitting sounds really great! What fun! No one at my work knows about my surgery either, I would have done the same thing as you. I am sure they understand. B: 2 oz LF Cheddar and pepperoni L: 3 oz meatloaf, 1 tsp spinach S: PB crackers D: 2 oz chicken, sauce and 1 oz mozzarella S: Cheez its and later 2 slices american cheese Drank all my water Took all my vitamins 30 minutes at Curves I guess I am doing OK. I have only had a couple of episodes today where my heart was racing, much better than the past couple of days where is was pretty much constant. We are talking a lot and both trying very hard, It is amazing how exhausting this all is.
~ Stylz ~
on 2/28/07 9:17 pm - North of Boston, MA
Pat, glad to see you're still with us ((hugs)) I STILL feel bad that I didn't acknowledge her even though at the meetings they point out how if you see someone outside of a support group meeting you shouldn't walk over to them and talk about surgery because some people have kept it private, but I still felt bad You're in my thoughts!
jannineh99
on 2/28/07 11:12 am - Melrose, MA
Breakfast: decaf coffee with one scoop of protein powder Lunch: 1 chicken Nugget (burger king) and 5 fries Snack: AchievOne Vanilla Nut with Zone Perfect Protein bar for a chaser Dinner 1 1/2 cup of shreaded chicken in cream of mushroom soup and cream of brocoli soup with 1/4 cup of rice Coffee: at church Snack before bed 1 cup of fruit salad all water and vitamins in.... Jannine
~ Stylz ~
on 2/28/07 9:36 pm - North of Boston, MA
Dinner sounds delish! I need to find the link you posted for some slow cooker recipes! I have 3 slow cookers (picked up over the years) and I never use them except for showers or family get togethers!
jannineh99
on 2/28/07 10:00 pm - Melrose, MA
I find that I use my Crock pot alot...my pouch likes the soft and squishy foods....and the family does not complain either and they like them... here are some of the recipes that I use quite often hope they agree with your pouch... Jannine Barbecue Chicken 1 lb Boneless; skinless chicken breasts 1 sm Onion 1 c Your favorite bottled BBQ sauce; up to 2 Put all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Remove lid, use two forks or any other utensils to pull the chicken apart. Cover and cook on low for another 3-4 hours. Seafood Chowder 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted 1 (10-3/4 ounces) can condensed. cream of mushroom soup, undiluted 2-1/2 cups milk 4 medium carrots, finely chopped 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes 1 large onion, finely chopped 2 celery ribs, finely chopped 1 (6-1/2 ounces) can chopped clams, drained 1 (6 ounce) can medium shrimp, drained 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, flaked 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled In a slow cooker, combine soups and milk. Stir in the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir in clams, shrimp and crab; cover and heat through, about 20 minutes. Garnish each serving with bacon. Clam Chowder 3 cans Campbell cream of potato soup 2 cans Campbell cream of mushroom soup 3 can minced clams 1 qt half and half cream 1/8 cup of Smart Balance Margarine Combine ingredients in slow cooker. Heat on high until it bubbles (Takes about two hrs) Then turn down to low for 3 hrs longer. Chicken Favorite 4-6 chicken breasts ( skinless, boneless) 4-6 pieces of bacon 8 oz. sour cream 1-2 cans cream of chicken Pam spray the pot. Wrap each breast in bacon. Mix up soup and sour cream (the more soup you use, the more gravy you'll have) and pour over top. That's it! Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice. Easiest Chicken 1 pk Chicken breast halves 1 cn Cream of mushroom soup 1 cn Cream of chicken soup Skin chicken pieces (or use boneless, skinless chicken breasts). Place in slow cooker. Mix together soups, and pour over chicken. Cook on low, all day. Remove chicken from sauce - remove bones. Serve over hot rice. Easiest Chicken 2 1 pk Chicken breast 6 halves marinated with Italian dressing 2 cn Cream of mushroom soup 1 cn Cream of broccoli soup 8 oz of Sour Cream Skin chicken pieces (or use boneless, skinless chicken breasts). Place in slow cooker. Mix together soups, and pour over chicken. Cook on low, all day. Remove chicken from sauce - remove bones. Add sour cream after you shread up the chicken and return to sauce while you are cooking your rice. Serve over hot rice. Orange Glazed Chicken 6 oz Orange juice (frozen concentrate); thawed 6 Chicken breast halves 1/2 ts Marjoram 1 ds Ground nutmeg 1 ds Garlic powder 1/4 c Water 2 tb Cornstarch Combine thawed orange juice concentrate in a bowl with the marjoram, garlic powder and nutmeg. Dip each chicken breast half into the orange juice to coat completely. Place in slow cooker. Pour the remaining orange juice mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. When chicken is done, remove to serving platter. Pour the sauce that remains in slow cooker into a saucepan. Mix the cornstarch and water and stir into the juice in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Serve the sauce over the chicken; delicious with brown or white rice. Pot Pie Take 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast (depending on how much you want) 2-3 cans of cream of chicken soup (depending on how much you want) 1 cup of milk 4 med potatoes 1 bag or box of frozen peas and carrots 1 small onion diced sage, oregano, basil, parsley, paprika, ground pepper 2 pkg of Pillsbury Crescent rolls In slow cooker add Chicken breast, soup, milk, potatoes, onion and all spices Cook on low for about 6 hrs stir in bag of carrots and peas to slow cooker cook for about 10min Transfer to pie plate or something similar. Unroll Crescent rolls and place on top of pie You do not need to make it pretty either. Just cover the top with the dough. Cook for 10-15 min in oven follow heating instructions on crescent roll pkg. One Pot Chicken and Gravy Boneless skinless chicken breasts Potatoes -- quartered, with jackets 6 celery stalks - (about) 1/2 package baby carrots 1 can cream of chicken soup - see * Note 1 package dry onion soup mix Note: You may substitute either Campbell's Healthy Choice or reduced-fat cream of chicken soup. Place vegetables on bottom of slow cooker. Brown chicken breasts in PAM or vegetable spray. Place over vegetables. Cover with the cream of chicken soup, undiluted. Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix. Do not add water. Cover and cook all day on LOW, or 6 hours on HIGH. Pineapple Chicken 3 Chicken breasts * Pepper Paprika 20 oz Pineapple ** 2 tb Mustard; Dijon-style Soy sauce 1 Garlic clove; minced * Chicken breasts should be split, skinned and boned. ** Pineapple should be drained, unsweetened tidbits. Arrange chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Mix soy sauce, pineapple and mustard together; pour over chicken. Add minced garlic. Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Makes 6 servings Lazy Curry 1-1/2 lb meat (chicken, pork or beef), cubed 1 large onion (or 2 medium), chopped coarsely 1 can mushroom pieces any other vegetables you might like, like carrots 1 can stewed tomatoes 2 tbs curry paste (heat of your choice), thinned with a little water. Dump these into slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hrs on low. About an hour before dinner add 1 can potatoes (can be omitted and served over rice) 1/2 pkg coconut paste (or 1/2 can coconut milk) You could add some peas at the 1/2 hr mark. And turn to high, stir often. Adjust seasonings. Serve with a cabbage salad made with yogurt (coleslaw type salad to quench heat) and chutneys. Scrabble 2 cups wheat Chex 2 cups corn Chex 2 cups rice Chex 3 cups thin pretzel sticks 1 13 ounce can or jar of salted peanuts or asst. mixed nuts 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon celery salt 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese 1/3 cup melted butter 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce In large (double) paper bag, mix together pretzels, cereals, and nuts along with the garlic salt, celery salt, seasoned salt, and grated cheese. Empty bag into large mixing bowl and sprinkle the melted butter and worcestershire sauce over all mixing gently with your hands. Empty bowl into slow cooker and cook on low for 3 or 4 hours. Tear open paper bags you used to originally mix the scrabble and spread them out onto a counter. Spread heated slow cooker scrabble onto torn open bags and let dry for a minimum of one hour letting the paper absorb any excess moisture. Store in Rubbermaid or Tupperware type airtight containers. Keeps for several weeks without going stale. NANCYS EASY CHICKEN Ingredients: * 1 can of cream of celery soup * 1 can of cream of chicken * 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup * 4 to 6 chicken breasts Preparation: Place soups and chicken breasts in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Shared by Nancy
BabyRuth2u
on 3/1/07 8:24 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ 5 almonds, splash soy milk Mid morn: protein shake-Achieve one 1/2 scoopy protein powder, some almonds Lunch: had Chinese, took small plate, was careful. Afternoon: Quaker 70 cal rice cake Way home from work stopped at Starbucks got coffee and a chocochip cookie Dinner: 1/2 hubby's Arby sandwich Bad Bad Bad on water. I have been drinking way too much coffee lately and not getting in much water. I plan to drink up tonight. I was really bad today I think I had a 1/4 of a 16.9 oz bottle!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views