WDYET?? *** TUESDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 2/27/07 7:01 am - North of Boston, MA
busy day at work, forgot milk for my oatmeal, didn't eat like I should.. Tomorrow is another day.. Drive to work - Iso Fruit Cantaloupe protein shake Breakfast - 1/2 cup pigeon peas 1/4 cup brown rice Lunch - 5 morning star farms chicken nuggets snack - achievone mocha java dinner - 3 oz. burger and 1 sf hersheys dark chocolate mini bar I'll have some fruit later tonight.. either a banana or green apple hows everyone doing?
miminjoey
on 2/27/07 7:39 am - Fort Bragg, NC
3 cups of coffee breakfast ate a cinnamon roll and some water lunch a chicken snacker from KFC a special K protein water 3/4 a banana dinner 4 fish sticks and a handful of french fries..both baked some more water snack most likely a SF icream pop and then some watered down diet soda caffein free
Lisa M.
on 2/27/07 9:45 am - LaGrange, NC
Breakfast-3/4 cup cereal w/ 1/2 cup milk (to soften) snack-chocolate (ok it was in my desk at work...last of valentine's day) lunch-1 cup cheese tortellini snack-yogurt and granola dinner-1/2 ham sandwich snack-1/2 mocha starbucks 8 oz drink vitamins-all in water-60 oz exercise-2 miles on treadmill
~ Stylz ~
on 2/27/07 10:02 am - North of Boston, MA
since dinner I've eaten about a half cup of green beans, then a banana. no more food but I will have a cup of steamed smart milk w/ sf syrup (maybe gingerbread.. yummm) to get some extra protein in. Laura I still think of you when I'm steaming it up in the pan! I never drank milk before but steamed with a little syrup is delish!!
ooh-lala
on 2/27/07 12:40 pm - Great Bend, KS
I can't drink regular milk either. BUt nothing can come between me and my steamed milk with sugar-free syrup!
jannineh99
on 2/27/07 10:21 am - Melrose, MA
Hey there everyone one....I had the following today: Scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast and cup of coffee For Lunch I had some sunflower seeds and an AchievOne w/extra scoop of protein powder in it. Dinner well you see I don't know what it is called...it was chicken breast that cooked in the crockpot all day in Italian dressing and then when I got home I added two cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and one can of Cream of Brocolli soup and 8 oz of sour cream and let it simmer for about 30 min until the brown rice was done...so I had about a cup and 1/2 of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup of the rice...it was sure yummy... and for desert I had a peice of chocolate cake from my daughters birthday party...only about 5 bites...and now I am done...maybe a protein shake before bed tho..... Hey Karen what is the recipe you have for the beans and rice....I have about 4lbs of beans here and need to use them..I know they are dried and will last forever I found that I can eat boston baked beans too..so if you have a good recipe for that too... Jannine 357/182/169ish
~ Stylz ~
on 2/27/07 10:18 pm - North of Boston, MA
Jannine I made a pot of rice and pigeon peas (arroz con gandules in Spanish). It seems to come together well surprisingly because its far from what the original dish is (white rice, vegetable oil, seasonings, beans). I cook instant brown rice (1 cup of it according to package directions). when the water is boiling, I add a small amount of minced onion and something called sofrito (its a pureed vegetable mixture, Goya makes it, sold in the frozen section). When the water boils I add teh rice, cook 5 min, shut the rice off for 5 min then stir. Then I add a packet of sazon and adobo (Goya spices), maybe a T of tomato paste and add 2 drained cans of "pigeon peas" they look like peas but they're acutally beans. You could use any bean for the rice! I've never eaten baked beans because I didn't like the smell of them now I dont think I'd try them because my aunt makes them and its loaded with brown sugar and I'd dump. heres a recipe for Emeril's Canadian campfire beans that got nothing but good reviews, hope it gives you some ideas! Canadian Cowboy Baked Beans: 3/4 pound dried white beans, picked over to remove any broken beans and stones 1/2 pound bacon, diced 1 cup chopped yellow onions 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon Essence 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with their juices 1 (12-ounce) bottle lager or ale 1/2 cup maple syrup 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup chicken stock 1/2 cup Canadian whiskey 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 2 bay leaves In a large pot, place the beans and cover with water by 3 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the beans are just tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and set aside. In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until brown and the fat is rendered, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. To the fat in the pan, add the onions, chili powder, Essence, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and their juices, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the beer, syrup, sugar, stock, whiskey, mustard, Worcestershire and bay leaves. Stir well and cook for 1 minute. Add the beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and continue to simmer until tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, and adding more water as needed to keep the beans covered. Remove from the heat, stir in reserved bacon, and adjust seasoning, to taste. Yield: 6 to 8 servings
RebekaA
on 2/27/07 10:59 am - Inland Empire, CA
I have the munchies!!! Grrrrr! I'm hanging in though. B: grape nuts S: protein coffee L: 5oz chicken breast, green beans S: pear w/ 1oz gorgonzola.... later 2 rice cakes w/cream cheese D: Shrimp/Mango/Cucumber salad 1 cup hopefully that will be it for the night! water: 100oz vits done exer not today
~ Stylz ~
on 2/27/07 10:25 pm - North of Boston, MA
Rebeka I've seen gorgonzola in the store but never bought it. Is it almost the same as bleu cheese (taste, consistency, etc)?
RebekaA
on 2/27/07 11:38 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Karen, It tastes almost the same, but creamier, softer and a little less bite to it. I really like it, esp. w/pears! You should try it! If you like blue i think you'll like it too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views