~ WDYET * Saturday & Sunday ~

~ Stylz ~
on 2/24/07 6:33 am - North of Boston, MA
everybody!! I can't believe its already 5:30 the week drags, the weekend flies by back to the bad routine... slept in til 10, missed breakfast, early morning protein shake, yoga.... BUT I'm still celebrating Sweet Potato Day first meal of the day 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato then I had the most awful protein shake... Nectar Crystal Sky I shook it like crazy it turned this neon blue and still every other sip had chunks of protein clumps in it.. yuck I think I had 4 sips so with the protein clumps, I guess I got a little protein out of it.. I made a pot of brown rice and pigeon peas for the week. Its funny how long a cup of rice stretches comparing to how long it stretched before surgery (1 meal = 1 week, unbelievable)! I had about 1/3 cup of it (about 1/4 c peas with 1-2T of rice) We're leaving for dinner at BF's co-workers house. Should be an interesting spread of food, all Moroccan dishes, hopefully I'll have the willpower to stick to veggies and beans only! hows everyone doing today?
Pat T.
on 2/24/07 7:59 am - Rome, NY
Well, thinks are not going as I had hoped. My husband will be moving out in a couple of days. Time for him to think. I really need to keep myself on track during this. B: 2 oz lowfat cheddar S: PB crackers L: Gr beef with sauce and veggies D: 2 meatballs I guess I am not that hungry today. Good thing I guess. I did go for a walk to try to get my wits about me. That was better than eating.
ooh-lala
on 2/24/07 12:43 pm - Great Bend, KS
Pat, let us know if we can do anything to help you stay on track during this tough time. Laura
jennb40
on 2/24/07 9:54 pm - Nashua, NH
Pat - I with Laura - please let us know if we can be an ear and support for you...bless you during this difficult time...Hugs to you...Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 2/25/07 2:41 am - North of Boston, MA
(((HUGS))) sorry to hear your bad news Pat. we're all here for you to help get you through this.
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/25/07 5:05 am - My Town, NH
Pat, big hugs for you from me. Please remember to take care of yourself during this time and let us know if we can help in anyway. - Stephanie
Tina K
on 2/25/07 10:40 am - Central, NY
Oh Pat - I'm so sorry to hear that! I echo everyone else, please let us know what we can do to help. Also, I'm only about 20 minutes from you so if you need some in real life help please let me know. Hubby works in Rome, I work in Utica. In fact, my Doc is most likely the one you couldn't get into until after when you had your surgery with Dr. KG. Hugs, Tina
Pat T.
on 2/26/07 11:59 pm - Rome, NY
Thank you so much for your kind words. I think we are working on things now. I am still dealing with the whole thing in my head, but I will continue to work on that. It is nice to know there is someone close by. I have not shared my surgery with very many people, I like to keep things private, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to.
Tina K
on 2/27/07 10:02 am - Central, NY
Hi Pat, Glad to hear you guys are working on things. This surgery does some pretty strong things with a marriage - I've seen it over and over. Email me through my profile if you'd like my contact info and I'll gladly pass it along. Hugs, Tina
jennb40
on 2/24/07 9:52 pm - Nashua, NH
You ever heard of the "Sweet Potato Queens"???? It is big in the south - Jill Connor Browne has written several books about the "Queens"! Check her web sit out - www.sweetpotatoqueens.com! (you should see the bus she travels around in!) Being from the south - I think she pokes way too much fun at good ole southern girls...just my opinion! My cousin in TN went to a book signing she had last week and was awarded a tiara for the local "sweet potato queen" - a contest they had! Anyhoo....enjoy those sweet taters STYLZ!!!! Your surgery buddy - Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views