I did it. GOAL

Rick A.
on 2/24/07 2:43 am - Far Northern, CA
Hello all, Well I did it. Eleven months and four days after surgery I have met my weight loss goal. I can't believe what a ride it has been. It has not always been easy or swift, but keeping my eye on the goal has helped. I come to this site every day. It has made me laugh and dare I say cry, but mostly it has inspired and encouraged me. How do I celebrate? I think I am going to go the the store and buy a shirt off the rack and maybe even pay full price. If it hasn't come from Good Will I haven't owned it for more years then I care to think about. Any regrets? I've had a few. I wish I would have done this years ago. I can't believe the torture I put my body through. How many things did I and my family miss out on because I didn't have the energy or stamina to undertake an activity? One of the surprises that I shouldn't have been surprised by is that I still feel that I am still "me". There have been no great lightning bolts to indicate I am a new person. I have to remember what the surgeon said time and again. We operate on your insides not on your brain. I still have some of the doubts and fears I always have had. I am greatful for the gift I have been given and will do my best to make the most of it. Thank you, all of you for being on this journey with me. Life is not only good, it is GREAT, Rick
Tina K
on 2/24/07 3:58 am - Central, NY
Oh Rick - that's totally awesome! I'm so thrilled for you and have a small bit of envy as well. I'm still a good 50 pounds away from my personal goal. You're right - it's an amazing journey! Even though I don't post so much any more I still read. Again- congrats to you! Enjoy your shirt. Heck, go for broke and buy some pants too. Hugs, Tina 315/195/140
timsdanni
on 2/24/07 5:20 am - Ft Stewart, GA
OH my GOSH!! that is WONDERFUL happy time indeed!! ok so share the stats with us - how much have you lost? what is your reached goal? are you happy there now? or will you go lower? and what size to what size? and I agree get new full price pants or....dare I suggest? ....shorts? hugs danni 372/226/170
Rick A.
on 2/24/07 7:33 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi Danni, Here's the stats: Starting weight 1st consult: (January 13, 2006) 339 Weight at surgery: (March 20, 2006) 300 Weight today: 186 Percent of excess weight loss: 80% Shirt size: from 5x - 6x to Medium Pant size: from 46 tight to 36 loose 5'8" My nutrtionist set my goal. I'm not sure if it is where I will end up being happy with, we'll see. For now I am happy though. I still have all of the loose skin issues and such. About the short's. As soon as the snow melts I will be back living in my shorts for the spring and summer months. Swimming is another thing. I still will wear a T shirt. Too much hanging skin. Life is great, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 2/24/07 6:15 am - North of Boston, MA
Congratualtions Rick!!! your posts are always positive and I enjoy reading them! Hope you stay with us now that you've reached your goal
jennb40
on 2/24/07 8:14 pm - Nashua, NH
Rick - you have done so good and we MARCHers are all so proud of you! You are always positive and inspirational to all of us and we enjoy your posts. I like you have the only regret that I didn't do it earlier...you and I are one of the "older" MARCHers and if only we had done it earlier...BUT we DID it and now have nothing but better health and mobility days ahead of us! You like myself have had some good days in the past and blessed with beautiful grandchildren - but at least now we can look forward to many years with our "grandbabies"!!!! Again - congrats on a great achievement...I hope to join you at goal weight hopefully in the near future! Keep posting - we need a "good man" around here! Barbara
Lisa M.
on 2/24/07 8:32 pm - LaGrange, NC
Congratulations Rick!!! Don't you feel so proud of yourself? Do you find there are people that you haven't seen in a long time that don't even recognize you at all? I am finding that happening to me. This feeling of energy and excitement that you and I feel....that was the way life was meant to be all along. I am so thankful that God has blessed us all with this wonderful transformation AND allows us to reach those important milestones along the way. Keep celebrating! 350/198/???
BabyRuth2u
on 2/24/07 8:36 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
That is amazing! Congratulations! I say go buy the shirt, full price and all. Knock yourself out, you deserve it!!! WTG!
miminjoey
on 2/24/07 10:09 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
party at Rick's House!! Woo hoo way to go! If you have done absolutely amazing. can't wait to see the pics in the new shorts for this summer Mimi
Mama-of-3
on 2/24/07 11:11 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Rick, As I read your post, I find myself with tears in my eyes and I dont even know why! You have been inspiring and you always write such positive things. All your posts are like mini stories that I enjoy reading. I can see that you are the "cup is half full" type of guy and that is GREAT! Your family has got to be totally and completely proud of you. WAY TO GO RICK!! Congratulations on your success! I know you'll be rockin' that new shirt! Enjoy it. But lets be thrifty anyway.......look for a shirt on sale and buy some HOT boxers! HAHA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views