Itch, itch, itch!

Stephanie Smiles
on 2/23/07 9:33 am - My Town, NH
I'm hoping someone out there has some ideas to help me with my skin issues! My skin is so very dry and I've tried just about every product that I can find to help ease the itching. I'm using Aveeno oatmeal bath frequently and that seems to help a little bit, but by the end of the day I am just miserable. I know that the extra skin adds to this issue. Living in New England, the weather doesn't help either. Anyone have ideas or products that work for them? Thanks! Hugs, Stephanie
Mama-of-3
on 2/23/07 11:16 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Use Aquaphor. It resembles vaseline but it's amazing. It is my savior. I get alligator skin during winter and this stuff is magic. =)
jennb40
on 2/23/07 5:59 pm - Nashua, NH
Have your tried Olay Complete body wash deep moisture with vitamins and shea butter for extra dry skin? It is in a white container with yellow on it. I have used this for a couple of years - all year round - and my skin is in pretty good shape - well the smoothness of it - not all the yukiness skin issues! I use those nylon scrunchie things instead of a washrag and it seems to maybe sluff some of the dry skin away. But I hardly even use lotion anymore because this stuff does the trick for me...and I hate this New England dry skin season! Give it a try! Barbara
miminjoey
on 2/23/07 9:55 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
my kids use eucerin cream with a steroid mixed in, requires a prescription...but basically it is eucerin with a cream like hydricortsone. also add a humidfier to your house.....it will add back moisture your heater is taking out out not only will it help your skin but it will help your sinues as well. (if they are an issue)
RebekaA
on 2/24/07 1:32 am - Inland Empire, CA
I second the Eucerine cream. My dermatologist recommended it, I have dry skin too. Also Elizabeth Arden makes a great hand lotion called "8 hr cream" ($15) you can put it on w/some gloves overnight and your hands feel great in the a.m. Other than that, i use Bath and Body Works' "Hand Repair Creams" or their body butters (not lotions which are thinner) the creams are nice and thick and last a good while. Good luck, dry skin su###
timsdanni
on 2/24/07 5:33 am - Ft Stewart, GA
try using sea salt mixed in your hand with massage oil - walmart carrys a vasline brand for under $3 - scrub your whole body with it in the cool shower and then slather the oil on your WET skin when you get out. my sil got me hooked on this a couple of years ago - she is a lisenced massage therapist and they used this at one of the high end spas she worked at I also us palmers brand ****o butter all the time, carry some in my purse etc my skin gets so dry it hurts sometimes when I move like it is going to split - grrrr danni who is also a lizard in the winter
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/24/07 10:16 pm - My Town, NH
Thanks for all of your suggestions, ladies. I'm going to work my through them and see if anything can relieve this itching! - Stephanie
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/24/07 10:15 pm - My Town, NH
Thanks for all of your suggestions, ladies. I'm going to work my through them and see if anything can relieve this itching! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 2/25/07 11:17 pm - Columbia, MD
I like the sea salt products that contain oil. You have to use them daily but they really help with the dry skin. I hope you find some relief. Itchy skin is absolutely annoying! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views