Stephanie Spins?!?!

robinsaxton
on 2/22/07 4:46 am - Columbia, MD
That's cool. I've never been to a spinning class nor have I ever seen one, except on commerials. Sounds like fun. I don't know that I could do one but it does sound like a fun challenge. Way to go with your exercise. The lifestyle changes we all make must make sense for our lives. That will make them easier to stick with! Keep up the great work! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/07 5:19 am - My Town, NH
Robin, you should give it a try! I bet you could do it. In fact, if I can do it...anyone can do it! Thanks for the encouragement!
AZGirl
on 2/22/07 10:36 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Oh Stephanie....I am so glad you posted this! I am trying a spinning class for the first time tomorrow morning and I am really nervous about it. I have been in a Boot Camp program for the last 7 weeks at my gym and my instructor ( more like a Drill Instructor!..hehehe) just got certified to teach spinning, so he is breaking up the monotony tomorrow and taking us spinning! I hope I do as well as you did and I'm hoping I will like it. I'm so proud of you for giving it a try! Way to go!! And I know what you mean about the shorts...I will probably never wear a pair in public either! But that's ok....we are so much better off now than we were a year ago! Keep up the great work! Joanne
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/07 6:35 pm - My Town, NH
Yay, Joanne! I'm glad you're going to give it a try. Let me know if you like it! Fortunately, my instructor told me to go at my own pace the first few times until I get the hang of changing pace, resistance and the whole standing up and sitting back down thing. It was easy to push myself, though and my heart rate got up to 160 a few times! I was sweating like crazy. It really was a nice way to break up the exercise routine. I hope you like it! You'll do great! - Stephanie
jennb40
on 2/22/07 7:35 pm - Nashua, NH
Stephanie --- you are the WOMAN!!!! I am so proud of you - I might....just might...check with the Y where we go and see if they have spinning. BUT...I don't know! Glad you went for it - and it sounds like the gel cushion would be the way to go if ...big IF...I should decide to do such a good thing! Way to keep us motivated! Hugs to you, Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/23/07 2:54 am - My Town, NH
Hiya, friend! Thanks for the words of encouragement. This exercise thing is so tough for me to create habits around. However, a year ago, if you had told me that I would be surviving a spinning class, I would have said you were nuts! So I'm happy to be making progress in the right direction! Hugs, Stephanie P.S. I'm ready to get together with you and Karen when you guys are. Any good weekends in the near future?
~ Stylz ~
on 2/22/07 11:27 pm - North of Boston, MA
I give you credit!! after the class was over I sat there for a minute thinking about what I would do if I got off the bike and my legs just gave out from under me! the instructor was horible and did nothing but YELL from the minute she turned the music on until the cool down was over... not a nice lady lol glad you enjoyed it!
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/23/07 2:55 am - My Town, NH
I had that thought about my legs giving out too. I wasn't sure they could hold me up, much less walk!
timsdanni
on 2/24/07 5:38 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I should try it agian - I tryed it once about 50 pounds ago and was so sore - I loved the standing part b/c I sure could not sit on that little seat my gym has a spinning class - hmmm will have to think on this I know what you mean about not so many times per week goal - right now there are12 classes a week that sound interesting 11 have child care so I have options of what I do each week being at my inlaws and lifeless however working out is my life LOL danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views