Stephanie Spins?!?!

Stephanie Smiles
on 2/21/07 7:10 pm - My Town, NH
Hi MARCHers! Last night I did something I wouldn't have thought I could EVER do. I took a spinning class! Yup, it kicked my butt in a big way. But, it was fun. I've seen Rebeka post about spinning classes and always thought that I would never be able to keep up in a class like that. I didn't do too badly for my first time. I liked it so much that I'm going to go every Wednesday night just to break up the exercise routine for the week. I've done very well with exercise this week and hope to continue that trend. I decided that I should NOT tell myself that I must make it to the gym a certain number of times in a week but should instead simply get up in the mornings and see if it makes sense to go. Thus far, it's made sense on Sat, Sun, Mon and Wed. I seem to be in a better frame of mind if I don't assign such lofty goals as 5 or 6 days in a week. Anyhow, just thought I would share my spinning experience with you! Rebeka, thanks for the inspiration! Stephanie
miminjoey
on 2/21/07 8:32 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
you are one brave girl! i haven't even had the nerve to try one of those clases...i know I would love it but doubt I'd be able to walk afterwards. i so proud of you. I need to check out teh gym here adn see how much it is...i really have to get sme excerize in Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/07 5:15 am - My Town, NH
Thanks, Mimi! Walking is a bit more difficult today for sure. It was fun though!
timsdanni
on 2/24/07 5:34 am - Ft Stewart, GA
$3 if you are still at bliss
RebekaA
on 2/22/07 1:08 am - Inland Empire, CA
I'm proud of you! Is YOUR butt sore??? Mine is killing me today! They need some pads on those seats! I never thought I'd be able to make it threw a whole class either! I'm so proud of us! Spin burns some killer calories too! Keep it up! I'm going back as soon as I can sit again I think your change of mindframe is a really good idea, sometimes we just need to "trick" our brain and our bodies will cooperate. have a great day!
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/07 5:17 am - My Town, NH
Yes, yes, yes! My butt is so sore. Those bike seats aren't made for women! Someone suggested bike shorts due to the extra padding in that area but it is doubtful that I will ever wear shorts in public. I'm going to go on Wednesday nights for 12 weeks and see how that goes. I know it definitely got my heart rate up there!
* Icemama *.
on 2/22/07 3:21 pm - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Hi Stephanie!! Before when I used to spin I invested $25 bucks in a gel seat cushion. You can get it at your local bike shop. It will save your butt and that special area!!,.... LOL That sounds good, maybe I'll try that again soon. I gotta get back on track. You are doing great! Steph
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/07 6:31 pm - My Town, NH
Thanks for that suggestion! I'll have to stop at our bike shop this weekend to see if they have them. It would certainly help! You're doing great too, other Steph! - Stephanie
SoulSista
on 2/22/07 1:42 am - Boston, MA
i'm addicted to it I do it 3 times a week along with running my thighs look fabulous Marsha
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/07 5:18 am - My Town, NH
I'd love for my thighs to improve!!! Hopefully this will help my thighs and get them from flabby to fabulous!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views