update on kids

miminjoey
on 2/20/07 7:27 am - Fort Bragg, NC
well I got 2 off to school today...they were all out yesterday because of presidents day so they all went to the eye doctor...Zachary needs new glasses again this year, other 2 still good. Wyatt went back for follow up on his ear. They gave him another round of antibiotics but said he could go to school tomorrow. The boys come home from school and Zachary has diareah (sp?) and a note saying school will be closed Thursday and Friday because of sick students and teachers. ACK!!!!!!!! My kids have been home more since Jan 1st then they have been to school. The school has closed 2 times for the flu and 2 times for snow, and the holidays in between and then my kids were sick when school was in. They should have a great report card this 6 weeks....they weren't there LOL!!!
jennb40
on 2/20/07 7:31 pm - Nashua, NH
Glad the boys are feeling better....hang in there Mom! Hugs from your sister from another mother! Barb
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/20/07 10:03 pm - My Town, NH
Yikes! It's amazing how bad the cold and flu season has been this year. We've had people in the office just passing the germs around. I hope everyone in your family is healthy very soon! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 2/20/07 11:22 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Thanks Steph...I got them all out the door today woo hoo!!! peace and quiet! Gonna go have my blood work done today for my 1 year check up...a few weeks early but since I am kid free for a day might as well. mimi
robinsaxton
on 2/20/07 11:06 pm - Columbia, MD
Only in TN would the entire school close for the flu! LOL. That's just funny to me. Not that everyone is sick but that the place is so small (I am assuming from your referrences to where you live now) that they can actually close schools cuz too many kids are out sick. My daughters high school has over 1500 kids and the middle school has nearly 1000. No way they would ever close for sickness. We have 12 high schools in our county alone and another one is being built to open next school year. I am glad the boys are getting better. Hugs, Robin
miminjoey
on 2/20/07 11:20 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
hehehe tell me about it...the town I am in there is 1 elementary school that goes from pre-k to 3rd, 1 middle school 4 to 8th and 1 high school 9 to 12th. The scary thing is we are the county seat, which means we are the largest town in the county. We average about 650 kids per school. the town only has about 7,000 people in it. Nothing opens before 10, everything is closed by 8 and nothing is open on sunday! (besides Wal-mart which is open until 10 at night) If you want a hair cut Angie does it and she only takes cash! But everyone knows my babies are sick and everyone has called to check on them. Somone even dropped off homemade cookies to my Mom because she was sick herself and didn't think it was wise to be around the boys. Now, you only get that in a small town.
robinsaxton
on 2/20/07 11:44 pm - Columbia, MD
Yep, small towns are great. I do miss that quite often. Although we are in a great church that really helps watch out for my kids and us. How sweet of others to bring over goodies!
Lisa M.
on 2/22/07 10:21 am - LaGrange, NC
So glad to hear that things are on the mend and the kids are better. I take it that YOU are feeling better as well? I saw in one post where you also caught the flu after the kids. WoW, I'm a teacher and we close for NOTHING...we don't even have early out days. I have been fortunate and only had 3 to 4 kids sick thus far the past few weeks. Try not to go too crazy with the kids home sooooo much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views