Vitamins~!!

dotty_jo
on 2/20/07 8:29 am - Newington, GA
Can someone tell what vitamins you take a day and around what time you take them? I just want to be sure I'm still on the right track. Thanks bunches, Dotty
miminjoey
on 2/20/07 9:01 am - Fort Bragg, NC
in the morning I take 1 walmart chewable calcium...like the viactive 1 flinstone vit d once a week and b-12 once a month injection I probably take less then the average person on here but so far so good
jennb40
on 2/20/07 7:30 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Dotty, I take the following: Early morning.... 1 One-a-day Multi Vitamin for women 1 B-complex vitamin 1 Vitamin E capsule About two hours later I take 1 400 mg Citracal Mini Calcium pill and 1 citracal chewable caramel Around lunch time I take another citracal chewable caramel (I really should take just 3 citracal mini calcium and give up the chewable caramel...but they are soooo good tasting!!!! I have no problem swallowing and tolerating the mini calcium pills - so I really should switch - they are cheaper than buying the chewable also. Once a week on Sunday I take a B-12 (2500 mg) sublingual vitamin Every lab test I have taken has been excellent - my iron was a little low at 3 months and 6 months so I changed multi vitamins (my prior one didn't have any iron) and at 9 months the iron was still in the low range, but in the normal range. I have my 12 month lab work due in a couple of weeks. Have a nice day....Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/20/07 9:37 pm - My Town, NH
Hiya Dotty. Here is what I take daily for vitamins: With breakfast: 2 (630 mg of calcium plus 200 IU of Vitamin D) calcium citrate (I buy generic WalMart brand) With lunch: 1 Multivitamin - women's formula (Centrum for Women but buy the WalMart brand again); 1000 mg of B12; 1 Ferro-Sequels (50 mg ferrous fumerate -slow releasing iron); 500 mgs of Vitamin C (to help the iron absorb more easily); and 1 Colace (stool softener to combat constipation from the iron - again I buy the gereric version at WalMart). Mid-Afternoon: 2 (630 mg of calcium plus 200 IU of Vitamin D) calcium citrate I try to place two hours between taking calcium and all of my other vitamins so that they don't fight for absorption. Hope this helps! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 2/21/07 2:29 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Dotty, I take one children's chewable centrum and a b-12 sublingual after breakfast and after lunch. I don't take calcium because I haven't found a calcium CITRATE pill I can swallow. I've even tried cutting them into forths and they still get stuck in my throat. I can't find the CITRATE in chewable form. Robin
jennb40
on 2/21/07 5:48 am - Nashua, NH
Robin - Citracal has a calcium citrate chewable - 3 flavors, caramel, chocolate and lemon. You would need 3 of them to get in all we need in a day, but I can swallow the Citracal Calcium citrate petites (with Vit D) You would need 6 of these a day to get in 1200, but I take 1 with 2 chewables and get in 1200 mg. The chewables are really good - almost too good! Maybe you can try those. I buy them at Walmart, but you can find them in drug stores....Barb
robinsaxton
on 2/21/07 5:53 am - Columbia, MD
Thanks Barb. I will look for those this weekend. I haven't seen any at the Vitamin shoppe near my house. They have these really big fruit flavored chewables but I would have to chew 4 of these huge disks (like large tums) at least 2 times a day to get what I need. Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/21/07 7:02 pm - My Town, NH
Robin, I know that Wal-Mart in my area carries the citrate chews. I hope you can find them! They were very helpful for me when I was unable to swallow the huge horse pills. - Stephanie
SoulSista
on 2/21/07 2:45 am - Boston, MA
centrum chewables twice a day 50mg zinc 5000mcg biotin 1 super b complex 1 citracal calium chews 2x a day b-12 nasal spray once a week vitron c once a day (high dose iron i'm anemic) 2 colace a day to combat constipation Marsha
dotty_jo
on 2/21/07 11:09 am - Newington, GA
Thanks for all the responses. Thanks for telling me about the colace, as sometimes I do have problems. I have been taking benefiber, along with miralax at times. Do you need a prescription for colace?? Thanks again, Dotty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views