Foul Smelling Gas

Gizmo911
on 2/19/07 10:05 am - Freedom, PA
I am almost 11 months post RNY and for the past several months have been experiencing the worst smelling gas ever. This is gross but it smells like sour milk. Sometimes I smell the odor without passing much gas at all. I know the smell is gas I guess since I am totally embarrassing myself I might as well add that when I have a bowel movement it smells exactly the same. Any one else with the problem or have any suggestions. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat it is always the same.
jennb40
on 2/19/07 8:08 pm - Nashua, NH
Well, I don't especially know about the smell....but I do know I have more gas attacks than I ever have in my life! Fortunately they haven't happened in public, which is my greatest fear...when they come - THEY come! How much protein are you getting in a day? I think our insides have been turned inside out or outside in....and they are just responding to their new way of life! Barbara
miminjoey
on 2/19/07 8:45 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I know I have way more gas now then I ever did before....granted my boys are loving it....one of the guys now ya know !!!
Lisa M.
on 2/19/07 9:29 pm - LaGrange, NC
Much more gas (and much more PAINFUL gas). Another thing I have noticed about the smell for me is that I go several days now without a BM. When I do that the longer that it has been for me, the worse smelling the gas and BM are. Could it be that you are keeping in your food for several days and that is what is causing the bad odor???? My bathroom habits are the ONE big thing that has changed through this surgery. I find that I still have a hard time going (way TMI right???)!!!
RebekaA
on 2/20/07 12:17 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Sorry, no help here....mine all smell like roses honest. I've heard Gas-x works well for RNY patients.
timsdanni
on 2/20/07 7:48 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
ME! ME! I was so scared to fly due to this earlyer this week - small airplane horrible smell - would people know it was me?? mine is much worse if I have any sugar at all I have notice mr pouch or my gut produces clear the room gas gas X helps sometimes but so does a BM on a regular basis and watchign what I eat sorry if this is not helpful but at least you are not alone danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views