~ WDYET * Saturday & Sunday ~

~ Stylz ~
on 2/17/07 8:38 am - North of Boston, MA
Mr. tile man is making some progress! He created the entryway during the week at his home (sub floor, tile on top). His plans are to grout the 1/2 bath, entryway tomorrow, tare up the old floor in the full bath and sub floor it tomorrow and fini**** Monday. keep your fingers crossed for me! my goal this week it to stay away from carbs (processed) past 7 and read my old posts this week about what I ate. My food choices haven't been great and I feel my sweet tooth coming back stronger (before it was just before time of the month this month it was before, during and now after ) i'm so happy for sugar free because I would be in a boat load of trouble if I was already hooked back on sugar! I dont have many carbs in the house, but the ones that are here have to go (multigrain tortilla chips and oyster crackers ) breakfast - 30 gram protein shake met the girls for lunch at olive garden - had almost a whole breadstick, no soup or salad and 1 1/2 of 3 manicotti (just the inside). went to the mall after and stopped at the candy store for 5 sf chocolate covered almonds. dinner will be the other 1 1/2 manicotti (inside cheese mixture only) protein shake between now and bed rented some movies - sticking to fruit for a snack hows everyone doing this weekend? Jannine, how is your back feeling? Rebeka and Laura, glad to see you back!
Lisa M.
on 2/17/07 9:39 am - LaGrange, NC
Okay I'm going to be honest and give this a try...don't freak out on me!!! B-one packet instant grits with a slice of cheese melted in it. S-3/4 cup sugar free Blue Bunny Ice Cream L-1/4 cup sunflower seeds with 3 bites cube sized chedder cheese (you know those snack cubes??) S-One starbucks mocha frappichino (ok ok ok this is where I am becoming addicted...haven't had one in days...usually only do water...was out of sugar free popsicles) D-1 cup of lasagna okay...I also had one truffle today (60 cal.) and 5 gummy hearts (the grazing is what is getting me.) If I were to completely do without the drink...don't you think I would be doing ok? I haven't had one since the first of the week and have 4 left here at my house....I'll be glad when they are gone for GOOD!!! so far about 50 grams of protein (8 in drink and lots in lasagna) so far 40 oz of water (not counting the 11 oz of frap all vitamins in WHEW I did it....honest confession...feedback welcome.
~ Stylz ~
on 2/17/07 9:47 am - North of Boston, MA
welcome Lisa honesty is the best policy of course afterall, you're posting your menu to see how you've done today some of us have become addicts of starbucks and dunkin donuts drinks, they're evil aren't they!!
Lisa M.
on 2/17/07 9:54 am - LaGrange, NC
more than you know....more than you know. Actually my sugar felt like it was not so good. I had the drink an hour ago. I just checked and the sugar is 66 now. Must have needed the sugar drink...RIGHT!!!! MAJOR JUSTIFICATION HERE!!!! I got a 50 dollar gift card from Starbucks for Christmas. I started out on the mocha light frap's. Knew they were bad. Now I am trying the sugar free hot drinks they have.... HEY at least I'm trying. Thanks for the welcome
Pat T.
on 2/17/07 9:03 pm - Rome, NY
I think this is the place to be honest, too. we are fooling no one but ourselves. I had a bad day yesterday. Stress is my reason, but I definitely need to learn another way to deal with it. B: 1 oz LF cheddar, 1 hardboiled egg S: white cheddar cheez its L: 1 1/2 meatballs with sauce and mozzarella S: grazed (yes, I admit it) on a snack bag of cheddar chex Mix D: crustless pizza, 1/2 slice S: cheese off top of pizza I also ate 1/2 a small bag of M & M's. The bad thing is they do not make me dump or feel sick like carbs do. However, I am starting to have problems with my blood sugar dropping and the shakes. Even on days where all I eat is protein, I have been having these episodes. I am due to go to my surgeon in a couple of weeks, figure I will talk to him about it then. So, today is a new day and I plan on doing a protein only day, and going for a walk if the weather permits. If not, I guess I will have to go to the mall for that walk.
~ Stylz ~
on 2/18/07 12:00 am - North of Boston, MA
you know Pat, at our last support group meeting, the clinic manager touched on findings of post-ops becoming hypo glycemic. something about the carbs going into our system differently than pre-ops. she only touched on it, but i found it very interesting and plan to ask the nutritionist about it this week when I see her. I find after eating breads my blood pressure goes up and down. The only thing the clinic manager mentioned about what they tell patients to stop becomming hypo glycemic is go back to eating the way you did at 3 months post-op. Like I said thats all I really know because she only touched on it at the meeting (it wasn't the topic) but when I see the nutritionist on Thursday I'll get more information and be sure to post it Sunday morning, just finished a protein shake and got on the scale.. I only lost a half pound this week. Im eating WAY too many carbs, then stopping at the candy store yesterday and seeing their huge sf bulk candy section didn't help. I had one of those sf chocolate coconut haystacks this morning (only bought 1) and yesterday I had sf chocolate covered almonds I've got everything I need to start fat smash and tomorrow is the day, no more putting it off!!!! The only thing I'll eat that isn't allowed on it is ground chicken meatballs (made some italian wedding soup). Once they're gone I'll be on it 100%. No more carbs at night either, they have to go!!! todays menu.. protein shake was iso fruit cantaloupe with crystal light sunrise (30 grams) snack - peanut butter balls (i think theres 5 left, pb not allowed on FS so they gotta go today) lunch - south beach meal chicken caesar salad wraps probably will only have 1 tortilla not a huge bread person (but gimmie popcorn, tortilla chips or crackers and I'm one happy camper ) snack - drinkable yogurt dinner - italian wedding soup just took my multi and b complex, will take my calcium today!! hows everyones sunday going?
Pat T.
on 2/18/07 1:36 am - Rome, NY
Thanks for the info on the hypo glycemia. I know I definitely need to get a handle on it. I think for now, I am going to do my best to stay away from carbs, especially flour and sugar. I will definitely be watching for any information you find from your nut on Thursday! My plan for today: B: 1 hardboiled egg, 1/4 of a ww bagel, 1 oz of LF cheddar S: 1 protein drink L: Ham salad S: 1 Tbs Peanut butter, 1/2 apple or banana D: pork tenderloin, broccoli with cheese sauce S: LF cheddar and LF pepperoni What is a Fat Smash diet? Is it similar to the Plateu buster? I might be interested in trying it for a jump start to begin losing again. I am with you on the bulk candy section! I think they should outlaw them! But I just keep trying to talk my self out of buying anything. I usually tell my daughter to not let me get anything!
~ Stylz ~
on 2/18/07 6:37 am - North of Boston, MA
Pat I actually liked it a lot more than the plateau buster diet and lost 6.5 lbs in 9 days on it. I found it easy to do because I could eat fruit to control my sweet craving and complex carbs (which kept headaches away, no carb detox) here is the post about it Dr. Ian Smith from celebrity fit club is the one that made the diet. The book isn't much (espically used on amazon.com), I searched online and found this post on a message board. This is done for the first 9 days and is easier than it looks! Fat Smash Diet Detox (Phase 1). Its a 9 day detox basically staying away from meats, cheese, sugar and non-complex carbs. heres the list of what you can have: All fruits in any quantity (obviously in moderation) I stuck to small fruits or 1/2 cup at a time (grapes, grapefrui****ermelon, apple, pears) All vegetables in any quantity except white potatoes and avocados. Missing starch? have mashed or bake a small sweet potato with cinnamon and nutmeg! mmmmm Protein - beans, chickpeas, tofu, lentils, pigeon peas I'm not a plain tofu eater, but I do like shirataki noodles and with tomato sauce (if you try them make sure you rinse them well before using). Also, Morning Star Farms makes some good soy products (they're in the frozen section) like pizza burgers, cheddar burgers, bacon strips, sausage links or patties. I swear these products were made for people who aren't eating meat against their own will!! they do taste like real meat. the sausage was good with egg whites! Brown rice (2 cups of cooked rice per day) You can also have "rice cakes" only 1 a day, but if you need that crunch, go for one! read the ingredients on the package it should be: brown rice, salt (maybe water), quaker regular cakes have ingredients listed like this. I also made 2 cups instant brown rice, adobo, little tomato sauce, packet of sazon (spanish spice) and 2 cans of pigeon peas. It makes a lot, reason for 2 cans pigeon peas is so I'd eat more peas than rice. low fat, skim or soy milk (2 cups per day) I use Simply Smart Milk I think its made by Hood. Oatmeal (1 cup per day) I LOVE Quaker weight control oatmeal!! It has only 3 grams of fat, 160 calories, 6gr of fiber, 7 gr of protein and only 1 gr of sugar. I do this almost every day because its easy, its 17 grams of protein with this and milk, its a slow burning carb so it makes you feel full longer and it gives you energy! 6 oz. low fat yogurt (up to 2 per day) you know how I am with my drinkable yogurts, so this fit right in!! egg whites (up to 4 per day) I usually stuck to 2.. hard boiled on a salad, fried in pam spray served with morning star farms sausage or scrambled with veggies herbal tea (up to 2 cups per day) celestial seasonings makes some yummy herbal teas! all herbs and spices as much water as you like (atleast 64 oz) foods not allowed: white rice, meat, fish, cheese, bread (all types), raisins, nuts, dried or preserved fruits, candy, popcorn, chips, ice cream, alcohol, juice, soda (regular or diet), coffee and all coffee drinks, sports drinks, milkshakes, whole eggs or yolks, fried foods or fast foods. The only other thing required on this is 30 minutes of exercise 7 out of the 9 detox days! Heres a couple recipes : black beans 2 Tbsp lime juice 3 Tbsp. olive oil 1 tsp red wine vinegar 1/2 tsp cumin 8 green onions, chopped 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro 1 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed (optional) 2 -15oz cans black beans, drained salt and pepper to taste In a bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans. Toss to coat, put in the fridge for atleast an hour for flavors to combine! sweet potato cookies 1 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup mashed up sweet potato 1 egg white 1 T Splenda 1/2t cinnamon Unsweetened applesauce, use if consistency is too thick (mixture should be cookie dough consistency) Spray cookie sheet with PAM, Mix all ingredients and drop 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, pat each cookie down a little and bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for more cooked cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes) Oatmeal Cookies 1 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup mashed up banana (let it get very ripe, brown skin) 1 egg white 1 T Splenda 1/2t cinnamon Unsweetened applesauce, use if consistency is too thick (mixture should be cookie dough consistency) Spray cookie sheet with PAM, Mix all ingredients and drop 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, pat each cookie down a little and bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for more cooked cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes) MorningStar Spicy Chili 1 package of chopped frozen onions ½ bag of assort. Pepper (red, yellow & green) strips sautéed with 1 pat of butter until soft (sometimes I add a bit of olive oil too). Add 1-2 MorningStar Italian sausages 1 package MorningStar crumbles faux ground beef Coo****il meat is browned and the veggies are roasted Add 3 beef bouillon cubes Garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and other seasonings to taste, no salt*. Add 3 cans diced tomatoes, one of these will have diced chilies in it too. 1 can tomato sauce 1 can chopped green chilies (mild) 1 can chopped jalapenos (hot) 1 can each , rinsed and drained; Chili beans Great northern white beans Dark red kidney beans Black beans Pinto beans ¾ cup water ¼ cup cooking sherry 1 TB Worschestershire sauce Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 1-5 hours, stirring occasionally
jennb40
on 2/18/07 1:42 am - Nashua, NH
How do you make the peanut butter balls my surgery sister????
RebekaA
on 2/18/07 2:14 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Barb, not Stylz....but here's my protein ball recipe. They are REALLY good. I have all my non dieting friends hooked on them Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls 1 cup Peanut Butter 1 cup rolled oatmeal -- not the instant stuff 1 cup protein powder (I use chocolate) 1-2 tablespoons Cream Cheese 5-8 packets Splenda (to taste) enough Milk to moisten mixture Warm the peanut butter in microwave about 30-40 seconds -- it melts it and makes mixing in the other ingredients much easier. Add ingredients and mix well. (If needed, you can add a little bit of water to make it easier to mix) Roll into walnut sized balls, refrigerate. Store in fridge in zip-lock baggies. This recipe makes 20-24 balls.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views