10 Commandments for WLS

jennb40
on 2/13/07 9:00 pm - Nashua, NH
STYLZ and I went to a support group meeting yesterday and the topic was "Love your Pouch" - sorta fitting for the day before Valentine's???!!!! Anyway they passed out this paper with the Ten Commandments for Bariatric Surgery and thought I would pass it on - it is good for us to all remember. By the way - you should see STYLZ - she is looking hot!!!! Had on a tight pair of probably size 0 blue jeans and she was "looking fine"!!!! 1. Thou shalt learn thy size of thy stomach and not over-fill it. 2. Thou shalt eat protein first. 3. Thou shalt not eat and drink at the same time. 4. Thou shalt walk every day. 5. Thou shalt not smoke. 6. Thou shalt remember thy meals and eat them slowly. 7. Thou shalt take thy vitamins and supplements daily. 8. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's or thy child's plate. 9. Thou shalt limit snacks to two a day and plan them. 10.Thou shalt not graze. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all the great MARCHers! We are soon coming up on our 1 year birthdays! Hugs to all...Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/14/07 3:46 am - My Town, NH
Happy Valentine's Day, Barb! Thank you so much for the poem. Our Marcher poet-in-residence! Thanks for sharing these commandments as well. I have such a difficult time with number 3. I always have. I get so thirsty when I eat. The College was closed today! I haven't had a snow day since high school. It's been nice to sit in my warm house and not be out on the roads. I hope everyone who does need to drive in the storm today stays safe! My very own personal snowman is outside snowblowing as I type. I told him that he was my hero and Valentine's Day heroes are indeed special! I'm going to make him some of Trish's special NSA hot cocoa with cremora and a cinnamon stick when he comes in. What a lot of snow!!!! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 2/14/07 7:54 am - North of Boston, MA
how bout adding a 1 before that "0"!! ;) thanks for the compliment, lookin good yourself! happy valentines day to you and John as well!
RebekaA
on 2/14/07 12:28 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Your support group always sounds really helpful! This is good info! thanks for posting! And WTG Stylz!
~ Stylz ~
on 2/15/07 12:17 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks Rebeka haven't seen you around as much, hope all is well! has anyone heard from Laura? She hasn't posted since last week either
RebekaA
on 2/15/07 2:11 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Stylz, I'm good thanks! In a little slump, like many,have been seeing the same numbers on the scale for like FIVE weeks now, but I'm hanging in. Trying to refocus on my exercise and the $#%@ grazing! take care!
RebekaA
on 2/15/07 2:12 am - Inland Empire, CA
THANK YOU so much for your Vday card, got it right on the day of! brought a smile to my day!
Beckers
on 2/15/07 11:27 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Yes, Barbara, thank you for the poem! It brightened my day to receive it! I have it hanging on my refrigerator still.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views