Busters Weigh In Results

jennb40
on 2/7/07 9:48 pm - Nashua, NH
Well that 10 days is over! I was so glad to have some cereal and blueberries with milk this morning! I lost a "whopping" 2 pounds in 10 days, but I am not complaining. Maybe it will break my plateau that had been going on for a while and I will lose a pound or two every week or so instead of stalling for such a while. The 10 days wasn't really that bad - I just missed my cereal! How did everybody else do? Barbara
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/07 10:50 pm - PA
1 pound...but that may have had something to do with my unfortunate run in with some evil girl scouts before the 10 days was up.... Kathy
jannineh99
on 2/7/07 10:52 pm - Melrose, MA
Well Like I said in earlier posts I am not sure the PB helped me...I did it for 5 days and then had to stop...I was getting light headed and dizzy alot so I added the carbs back in and it went away...I was at 189 when we started and as of today I am at 184 so 5lbs down is good. I have to say I missed cereal too...but it was fun trying.... Jannine 357/184/169
miminjoey
on 2/8/07 12:14 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
well I forgot to weigh today so I will tomorrow but the other day I was down 7 pounds. I think I am still there, really don't hink I lost anymore. I will however hopefully loose more after this weekend...we are going away for the weekend(Montgomery Bell Park) to where they have an indoor pool...so lots of swimming planned for the weekend...make up for the "real excersize" I haven't been getting in. This was great for me...I did have lots of headaches and dizziness then today when I I splurged and got a mocha cafe....yeah big moron here....milk sugar caffine ...I was sick for hours...but man was it good!!!! So not worth the sickness will not be doing that again any time in the near future....after I drank it I was reading the menu in fine print I could have asked for sugar free low fat GRRRR LOL.
~ Stylz ~
on 2/8/07 10:29 pm - North of Boston, MA
I meant to post yesterday, but got tied up in meetings all day! I lost 4 lbs (2 of those were re-gained from the week before weigh in). Sunday is my weigh day, hopefully its more than 4 lbs I think if I haven't hit goal by April I might do the fat smash diet again, fruits will be a little more in season than they are right now, you get to eat sweet potatoes, brown rice and oatmeal which is always a plus! see you next week
jannineh99
on 2/8/07 11:03 pm - Melrose, MA
Can you send me a copy of the Fat Smash diet...I would like to try that too....fruits are good...oatmeal..yum.... Jannine
~ Stylz ~
on 2/8/07 11:16 pm - North of Boston, MA
Janine Dr. Ian Smith from celebrity fit club is the one that made the diet. The book isn't much (espically used on amazon.com), I searched online and found this post on a message board. This is done for the first 9 days and is easier than it looks! Fat Smash Diet Detox (Phase 1). Its a 9 day detox basically staying away from meats, cheese, sugar and non-complex carbs. heres the list of what you can have: All fruits in any quantity (obviously in moderation) I stuck to small fruits or 1/2 cup at a time (grapes, grapefrui****ermelon, apple, pears) All vegetables in any quantity except white potatoes and avocados. Missing starch? have mashed or bake a small sweet potato with cinnamon and nutmeg! mmmmm Protein - beans, chickpeas, tofu, lentils, pigeon peas I'm not a plain tofu eater, but I do like shirataki noodles and with tomato sauce (if you try them make sure you rinse them well before using). Also, Morning Star Farms makes some good tofu products (they're in the frozen section) like pizza burgers, cheddar burgers, bacon strips, sausage links or patties. I swear these products were made for people who aren't eating meat against their own will!! they do taste like real meat and not at all like tofu. the sausage was good with egg whites! Brown rice (2 cups of cooked rice per day) You can also have "rice cakes" only 1 a day, but if you need that crunch, go for one! read the ingredients on the package it should be: brown rice, salt (maybe water), quaker regular cakes have ingredients listed like this. I also made 2 cups instant brown rice, adobo, little tomato sauce, packet of sazon (spanish spice) and 2 cans of pigeon peas. It makes a lot, reason for 2 cans pigeon peas is so I'd eat more peas than rice. low fat, skim or soy milk (2 cups per day) I use Simply Smart Milk I think its made by Hood. Oatmeal (1 cup per day) I LOVE Quaker weight control oatmeal!! It has only 3 grams of fat, 160 calories, 6gr of fiber, 7 gr of protein and only 1 gr of sugar. I do this almost every day because its easy, its 17 grams of protein with this and milk, its a slow burning carb so it makes you feel full longer and it gives you energy! 6 oz. low fat yogurt (up to 2 per day) you know how I am with my drinkable yogurts, so this fit right in!! egg whites (up to 4 per day) I usually stuck to 2.. hard boiled on a salad, fried in pam spray served with morning star farms sausage or scrambled with veggies herbal tea (up to 2 cups per day) celestial seasonings makes some yummy herbal teas! all herbs and spices as much water as you like (atleast 64 oz) foods not allowed: white rice, meat, fish, cheese, bread (all types), raisins, nuts, dried or preserved fruits, candy, popcorn, chips, ice cream, alcohol, juice, soda (regular or diet), coffee and all coffee drinks, sports drinks, milkshakes, whole eggs or yolks, fried foods or fast foods. The only other thing required on this is 30 minutes of exercise 7 out of the 9 detox days! Heres a couple recipes : black beans 2 Tbsp lime juice 3 Tbsp. olive oil 1 tsp red wine vinegar 1/2 tsp cumin 8 green onions, chopped 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro 1 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed (optional) 2 -15oz cans black beans, drained salt and pepper to taste In a bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans. Toss to coat, put in the fridge for atleast an hour for flavors to combine! sweet potato cookies 1 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup mashed up sweet potato 1 egg white 1 T Splenda 1/2t cinnamon Unsweetened applesauce, use if consistency is too thick (mixture should be cookie dough consistency) Spray cookie sheet with PAM, Mix all ingredients and drop 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, pat each cookie down a little and bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for more cooked cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes) Oatmeal Cookies 1 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup mashed up banana (let it get very ripe, brown skin) 1 egg white 1 T Splenda 1/2t cinnamon Unsweetened applesauce, use if consistency is too thick (mixture should be cookie dough consistency) Spray cookie sheet with PAM, Mix all ingredients and drop 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, pat each cookie down a little and bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for more cooked cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes) MorningStar Spicy Chili 1 package of chopped frozen onions ½ bag of assort. Pepper (red, yellow & green) strips sautéed with 1 pat of butter until soft (sometimes I add a bit of olive oil too). Add 1-2 MorningStar Italian sausages 1 package MorningStar crumbles faux ground beef Coo****il meat is browned and the veggies are roasted Add 3 beef bouillon cubes Garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and other seasonings to taste, no salt*. Add 3 cans diced tomatoes, one of these will have diced chilies in it too. 1 can tomato sauce 1 can chopped green chilies (mild) 1 can chopped jalapenos (hot) 1 can each , rinsed and drained; Chili beans Great northern white beans Dark red kidney beans Black beans Pinto beans ¾ cup water ¼ cup cooking sherry 1 TB Worschestershire sauce Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 1-5 hours, stirring occasionally
RebekaA
on 2/9/07 6:25 am - Inland Empire, CA
Weren't you hungry??? I'm considering my options too for losing my last 25#'s. I have heard of this, but my concern is when I eat things like oatmeal and rice, my appetite comes back. Thanks for the info though, I've been wondering about this plan.
~ Stylz ~
on 2/18/07 6:37 am - North of Boston, MA
wow I thought I replied to this, sorry!! I wasn't hungry at all! I really kept a routine of drive to work - protein shake breakfast - oatmeal(work days) egg whites with a ms farms sausage patty (weekends) snack - fruit lunch - brown rice with pigeon peas (in spani****s called arroz con gandules you add some spices and little tomato sauce) or a ms farms product with sweet potato drive home - drinkable yogurt dinner would be - mainly veggies and either egg whites in my salad or another ms farms product. they have a bunch of different products they're made with soy and actually taste good!! they have a burger called grillers prime that taste like a steakhouse burger. sausage links weren't fantastic, but the sausage patties taste like the real thing.. you just have to have an open mind to it
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 2/9/07 10:38 pm
Dropped 10# the first two days and then gained 11 on day 7 and lost them again on day 8, nothing since. But what a great boost when that 10# came off. I was on cloud 9, and still can't believe it. I was really craving salad the entire time. Felt so good to have one. I also could not wait to have my soy saucers, when I did, they didn't taste the same. OH well, no matter. I am going to plateau bust twice a month or every other 10 days. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views