WDYET?? *** WEDNESDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 2/7/07 3:32 am - North of Boston, MA
Last day of the plateau busters diet, weigh in tomorrow (even though it seems when I weigh during the week its always higher than my normal Sunday weigh in, but we'll see how it goes). heres my day! meal 1 - drinkable yogurt meal 2 - 2 T. peanut butter meal 3 - 2.5 oz. chicken with 2 T. bleu cheese meal 4 - drinkable yogurt meal 5 - 2.5 oz taco meat with .5 oz shredded cheese protein drink 1 - iso fruit cantaloupe with crystal light sunrise protein drink 2 - iso cruit cantaloupe with crystal light sunrise vitamins - multi and b complex this morning, just took my calcium water - 32 oz in so far exercise - call my but I'm walking to the salon to get my eyebrows done on my lunch break! The salon is about a 20 minute walk, I'll have time to thaw out and then walk back!! Just checked weather.com it says its 16 out, but feels like 3! time to bundle up!! -- I walked.... and froze!!! good thing for a scarf, gloves, wool pants, 2 pair of socks, etc, etc, etc... atleast the exercise is in for the day!
ooh-lala
on 2/7/07 7:39 am - Great Bend, KS
It was 55 degrees here Monday and Tuesday...and today's high was only 15! I stayed in the office all day! Breakfast: Quaker WC oatmeal with 3/4 c fat free Hood Lunch: stuffed bell pepper, spanish cinnamon cheesecake with 2 TBS cool-whip free Snack: 1 oz. reduced fat sharp cheddar and 1/2 c grapes Dinner: Apricot-teriyaki glazed pork (new recipe...super yummy!), 1/2 c snow pea stir-fry Snack: 1/2 c fat free cottage cheese with splenda and cinnamon Before bed: 8 oz. fat free Hood steamed Vits: no Liquids: I had 64 oz in by noon! I'm up to 80 now...will do at least 16 more before bed. Exercise: 25 minute circuit training
~ Stylz ~
on 2/7/07 8:35 am - North of Boston, MA
ok Laura, I think you're going to have to make us a cookbook! your recipes always sound incredible!! apricot teriyaki glazed pork? mmmmmmm did you make the cheesecake too?
ooh-lala
on 2/7/07 8:45 am - Great Bend, KS
The pork was fabulous! I seriously can't wait for lunch tomorrow so I can eat leftovers. I adapted it from a recipe I found in Family Circle. And yes, I made the cheesecake. It was an experiment. It's good, but it isn't a real 'cheescake' substitue. It's made with cottage cheese. Kind of has an eggy taste to it. But how can you complain about a dessert that has 50 calories and 8 grams of protein? Apricot-Teriyaki Glazed Pork 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves 3 T low-sodium teriyaki sauce 2 T chinese-style mustard 1 tsp ground giner 1/8 tsp black pepper 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced thin 1 lb boneless pork loin, center cut chops In a medium bowl, stir preserves, teriyaki sauce, mustard and ginger. Set aside. Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Season pork with pepper and cook for 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Spread 1 T of the apricot preserve mixture over each chop and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 6 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 when inserted into the thickest part of the meat. Serve pork chops with remaining sauce drizzled over them and scallions to garnish. Number of Servings: 4 166.6 calories; 4.6 g fat; 23.3 g protein; 11.9g carbs Spanish Cinnamon Cheesecake 1 1/2 cups egg substitute 1 cup Splenda granular 2 cups fat free cottage cheese Grated peel from 1 lemon 1 tsp ground cinnamon Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 6-8 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine egg substitute and Splenda in blender until light and fluffy. Add in cottage cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, blending until completely smooth. Stir in lemon peel and cinnamon. Pour into prepared plan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes in bottom of oven. May need to cover with foil after 25-30 minutes to prevent edges from getting too brown. Number of Servings: 12 51.9 calories; 0.0 g fat; 7.9 g protein; 5.7 g carbs
~ Stylz ~
on 2/7/07 9:53 am - North of Boston, MA
the cheesecake sounds like a flan, have you ever had that before? its made with eggs, I wonder if its the same consistency. thanks for both recipes they look delish!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views