How much more do you have to lose??

Tamara L.
on 2/5/07 11:20 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Calling all Marchers! We are fastly approaching our 1 year surge-versery! Some of us have lost at a rapid pace, while others of us (me!) have dropped those pounds at a slower rate. HOWEVER, we ALL have LOST weight that had eluded us for many prior years! We are all soooooo proud of our Mimi who has reached her set goal weight.....Everybody is a loser and a winner at the same time. I love the way our group of Marcher's continue to encourage each other no matter how fast or slow we lose, no matter how "good" or "bad" we have been, and continuously look for ways to motivate each other!! How much more do you want to lose to reach your goals?? Started: 310 Current: 208 Dr's goal: 160 My goal: 140 Hope to lose 68 more lbs!! Tamara
~ Stylz ~
on 2/5/07 11:37 pm - North of Boston, MA
great post Tamara and so true! We have a good group of Marchers!! I'm almost at my goal weight and would love to be closer to it on my surgiversary! started: 261 current: 148 (haven't weighed in since 1/28) Goal: 135 13 lbs to goal
Darlene X
on 2/5/07 11:47 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Day of surgery: 338lbs Current weight: 183lbs Surgeon never gave me a goal. Originally my ideal goal weight was 180lbs (5'11"). When I had surgery I changed my goal to 170lbs. I figure I am carrying about 5lbs of excess skin. I have had a lot of people tell me I don't need to lose anymore weight. I would still like to see 170lbs on the scale... but with the skin 175lbs would be good. Ideally I would like to lose about 8 to 13lbs more
Rick A.
on 2/6/07 2:02 am - Far Northern, CA
Hello fellow "Marchers" My original goal from the nutritionist was 194. That was suppose to be 80% of my excess weight. When I started putting my information into the weight tracker web site, it listed my 80% as 186 pounds. So I have been using the 186 as my goal. I didn't even remember the higher goal until I was reviewing my profile recently. Anyway I currently weigh 188 pounds, so I am 2 pounds from my goal. This still puts me in the overweight catagory for my BMI, so I will probably let my body figure out where I should be. This is a great group of "Marchers" and I am proud of all of you. Thank you for the continued support and encouragement. Life is great. Rick
jannineh99
on 2/6/07 2:15 am - Melrose, MA
You are correct in saying everyone is losers and winners the same...this is a great group we have..I know that when I am down, or discouraged...some one in here will encourage or throw me back into reality when needed...I Love you all and fondly call you my family.... Intitial Consult: 357 Pre-Op: 336 Now: 184 Surgeon Goal: 140 Primary Care Goal 155 My Goal: 169 So that leave me with 15lbs till goal...to be in the normal range in BMI but truthfully I am happy where I am so anything else after this is bonus as far as I am concerned...but I hope that everyone keeps coming here and posting even though we are coming up to our Surgiversary...I know I will definately need all of you especially thru the maintaining stage... Standing Ovation for all of us Marchers... Jannine
Shari B.
on 2/6/07 2:16 am - Roseville, MI
Hi Tamara, started: 340 current: 204 Dr's goal 180 my goal 160-180 so, I'll say I'm shooting for roughly 40 more pounds. I will have a slight delay on losing any for a while since my little peanut(baby) is in the works. My Dr. is confident that I'll be able to pick up losing after I give birth though. Congratulations to all of us marchers! We have all come so far! Shari
* Icemama *.
on 2/6/07 2:25 am - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Hiya,.. Great Question! Started at 302lbs before surgery!! 292lbs - Day of Surgery 155lbs - My Goal =35lbs to my goal 145lbs - Dr's Goal = 45lbs to his goal,. My original was 128-135lbs but I think that mabe a lil thin for me we will see though! So that 58lbs more. Wow when you look at it like that it looks really good!! Thanks for this post! Steph
peggy5681
on 2/6/07 2:27 am - monroe, MI
I thought I was done losing... I hovered around 150- 153 for over a month... My starting weight was 278.... I needed to be 159 for a normal BMI... but over the weekend I somehow lost more..I am now at around 146. I don't really want to lose anymore but worry about the 10lb regain when we stabalize so I guess I would like to stay around 150 at 5"7.... Everyone is doing so well and should be so proud of what we have accomplished... It doesn't matter when or how long it takes us to get to the finish(goal) just that we never give up!!! and we will all be at the finish line together...
jomamma
on 2/6/07 2:43 am - Palmdale, CA
I was 305 when I started this whole thing I was 280 on day of surgery I am now 188. I need help determining my goal weight cuz I just dont have any idea what it should be. Back at 300 I thought 180 sounded good, but now I know I wil not be happy with just another 8 pounds.....I dont see my weight loss so I cant visualize what I should weigh..Does that make sense. Anyone out there 5' 10" ..if so, what is your "ideal" weight?
Darlene X
on 2/6/07 4:01 am - Maricopa, AZ
Joan, Im 5'10"-- well a little closer to 5'11".. I thought 180lbs would be good too, and Im 183lbs now... but not quite happy yet. Its still not a normal BMI, so I decided on 170lbs... I guess we shall see if I get there, and how I feel. I say wherever you feel good about yourself, that is goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views