woo hoo! / ugh oh?

miminjoey
on 1/29/07 11:36 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok I was starting to panic because I actually gained 2 pounds this last month don't know how..well yes I do the stress over moving I have been eatting like it's going out of style...and yes I actually gained it ,it is not jus****er...however today I did my monthly measurements and get this...I lost 6 inches!!! I lost 2 in nov 2 in dec and 6 in jan! How is that even possible My chest is now a 33.5 down from 34, my waist is 30 down from 32, my hips 36.5 down from 38 and my things 38 down from 40 and my calf 17 down 17.5. I am so excited I knew I had gotten smaller because I was wearing 11's when I got here and now I wear 9's single digits in Juniors section but I had actually gained weight..was weighing once a week at my sister's. Anyway...just thought I'd share the good news..now if I can just loose these last few pounds before my 1 year anniversary I'll will be happy! ( happier) now the other half I got this email rom a dear friend who I emailed pics to this weekend My dear you are wasting away, if you loose any more you will look sick, I know you like the fact that you have loss so much weight but you don't want to look sickly and you are coming close to that point other wise you look great so stay as you are and don't let this weight loss get out of control. do I look sickly?? have I lost too much weight I still weigh 167?? yeah that is a normal BMI but BARELY! 169 and it's over weight am I out of control or maybe it's just because I met this person when I weighed 315+ and so they have never seen me less then 270 and this is too much of a shock? Mimi
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/07 1:36 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You look GREAT! I think people are used to us looking Obese that they are scared for us to get too small so they start "warning" us. I say to people I am under my Drs care, thanks for your concern. Sheesh I wish people wouldnt make comments like that tho.
miminjoey
on 1/29/07 10:51 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Oh I hadn't thought of that...that's a great answer without being ugly like I really want to be sometimes. Mimi
RebekaA
on 1/29/07 2:24 pm - Inland Empire, CA
How upsetting Mimi, I know she meant well and was trying to say it nicely...but.... I don't know what it is with these people. Maybe it's just such a shock for them, they just can't wrap their brains around the fact we're not MO anymore and it distorts their image of us. Who knows. I'm not obssessed with being "thin" i still don't even believe I will get there (truly thin...) so IMO, you don't look sickly. I do agree that it doesn't look like you need to lose another pound, but you are totally right about 167 being too close to an "overweight" BMI. B/c of that I would think it would be ok to lose a little more to get right in the middle of normal. I think you look healthy and athletic and naturally thin, not even close to looking wasted away. Rebeka
miminjoey
on 1/29/07 10:53 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
woo hoo healthy and athletic...can't say I have ever looked that way before...at least I don't recall.
jennb40
on 1/29/07 8:28 pm - Nashua, NH
You know Mimi - if your doctor says you are ok, if you think you are ok....then you are OK!!!! It is nice to have people worry about you - they probably worried as much about you when you were heavier, but didn't say anything for fear it being inappropriate. However, those same people don't seem to think it is inappropriate to comment on "skinniness"!!!!....go figure! I think you look wonderful and I don't think you look like you are anoxeric or anything or look like the Olsen twins or Heather Ritchi! I expect you are right in that it is a shock to see you so small. I think you are "one hot mamma"!!!! So don't let it bother you...you look ma-vee-lus! Barb
miminjoey
on 1/29/07 10:58 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
well I am glad to hear this...I see all of you as family and I know you will be honest with me...just like when I eat something I am not suppose to...we, I, need to have someone to keep me in check and that is what I love about this board...if I ate a cookie and new better...I can still come here confess up and be told well you know better but it's not the end of the road, tomorrow don't do it. Or...well you should have puked it up you know you can't eat that....and if I am getting too thin...you guys can say...hey are you sure you are at a healthy weight, have you check in with your doctor, you are starting look like maybe something not quite right and I'll know you are telling me this because you care and you know where I've been and where I am going and how the heck I got there or going to get there. I don't know how I would have made it through ths journey without all of you guys! mimi
Darlene X
on 1/29/07 10:11 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Everyone has said what I wanted to,... But I just wanted to add.... remember in all likelyhood your also carrying about 5lbs of excess skin.... so if you weight 167lbs, I'd say you truely weight 162lbs.... I get people who tell me to stop losing weight, and Im not even in a normal BMI.
Beckers
on 1/31/07 11:08 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I agree with everyone here. Maybe the pics you sent just really "shocked" her, since she was used to seeing you in a different way. I think you look awesome! How tall are you? I believe the BMI charts are fair and accurate, and if you are just into the "Normal" range, you are fine. If you were at the low Normal range, then maybe it would be time to re-evaluate... Like Darlene said, about excess skin, I've been wondering about that lately... like if I could weigh my excess skin, how much would it weigh? I've really been thinking about it, especially every time I take a shower and stand in front of the mirror. I want to feel proud of my body, after losing weight, but I look like an OLD OLD lady, with sagging breasts and sagging skin all over... *sigh*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views