10 month picture and update

kimbaby74
on 1/27/07 2:18 pm - Western, KY
I've added a new photo to my profile. It is a side by side of me the day before surgery and the day of my 9 month appointment (almost a month late, so it was a nearly 10 month photo). The doctor told me I could stop losing weight now if I wanted, but he knows I want to get to a normal BMI and not still be overweight. I asked him if we decide we want to have kids, when can we start trying. He said now, but he'd rather me wait until I reach goal and have held there for a few months as I will have mastered my eating plan and will hopefully not gain too much weight. I still don't know if I want to have kids though. Kinda stuck in my ways of being able to do what I want, when I want. Hubby is the same way. The doctor's office did call and tell me my labs came back and I have a Vitamin D deficiency. So I have to take a Vitamin D gelcap, poke a hole in it and squirt it into the back of my throat once a week for 18 weeks. I guess it must really be bad. Normally, they tell me to mix it with food or something. I'm gonna take it tomorrow as I do my weekly meds on Sunday. OK, I guess I'll shut up now. Hope everyone is doing well with their journeys. I know I don't participate much in the boards, but I do lurk, every day and want everyone to know how much everyone's posts help me, regardless of what they are. We Marchers are a special bunch. Thanks guys! Kim 359/184/150 -175 pounds
Beckers
on 1/27/07 2:45 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Kim- You're looking great! Doesn't it feel great to get that weight off? Did you ever think you'd be at a weight that you were happy with, and could stay at? After a lifetime of obesity and diets, I never thought I'd feel "normal" or happy with my weight... Congrats on a great dr's visit. Keep the Vitamin D coming in!! Rebecca
kimbaby74
on 1/28/07 4:54 am - Western, KY
Thanks! It does feel great to get the weight off. No, I never thought I'd be happy with my weight. (Not that I'm exactly happy with it, but I know that if I never lost another pound, I'd be much happier and healthier than I was this time last year.) Thanks! Kim
jennb40
on 1/27/07 5:53 pm - Nashua, NH
Kim - you look ma-vee-lus!!!! You have done such a good job. Sorry about your Vitamin # deficiency...hopefully you can get that resolved. We are so proud of you and all you have accomplished...keep up the good work! Barbara
kimbaby74
on 1/28/07 4:57 am - Western, KY
Thanks Barbara! I appreciate it. It's so weird to get compliments that most of the time I don't know what to say to people. but I'm learning. Thank you! Kim
luckycat1
on 1/28/07 12:14 am - Cincinnati, OH
you look amazing. take care of that vit deficency.
kimbaby74
on 1/28/07 5:00 am - Western, KY
Thank you! Hopefully I'll get the vitamin deficency under control! Kim
miminjoey
on 1/28/07 2:19 am - Fort Bragg, NC
wow wow wow!! You look wonderful! Congrats on the great doctor's visit as for the Vit D I have been taking the gel caps since day one...I don't squirt them though I just take them like everything else. I am sure it'll come up like it's suppose to congratulations!!!! Mimi
kimbaby74
on 1/28/07 5:05 am - Western, KY
Thank you! So the gel caps have made your vit D levels normal? My doctor doesn't let me swallow any pills larger than a baby aspirin. So I'm sure this is just his rule. Since your move, I have heard of Waverly, and you're not too far from me now. I live in Murray, KY. Have you found a support group to go to (assuming that you go to a support group)? I know there is one in Paris, TN that is starting up (not sure how far that drive would be for you.) I have started one in Murray, but that's over an hour away, so you might be able to find one closer. Just thought I'd let you know. congrats on your progress! You look great! Kim
~ Stylz ~
on 1/28/07 6:30 am - North of Boston, MA
Kim Glad you checked in! You're looking great!!! glad you're still around, lurking is better than not being here at all hopefully taking the vit D cap for 18 weeks changes the deficiency. are you feeling ok? I have you on the address list from Christmas. I've been updating it and adding some Marchers, is it ok to keep you on? hope all is well! ((hugs))
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views