Sweet and Sour Pork for the Crockpot

ooh-lala
on 1/27/07 3:52 am - Great Bend, KS
I'm making this for a dinner party tonight. I read a recipe on www.allrecipes.com a few weeks ago that was no sugar added cherry pie filling over pork. I decided to jazz up the cherry pie filling and make it into a sweet and sour sauce. I just had a little taste of the sauce and it is delicious, so I thought I would share. Here's my recipe! 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 8-4 oz. pieces. 3/4 lb bell peppers (red, green, yellow or orange or a combination) 1 can no sugar added cherry pie filling 1 small can crushed or tidbit pineapple in own juice, no sugar added 1 tsp ground ginger 1/4 c vinegar Spray slowcooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut peppers into large chunks, discarding white membranes and seeds. Place in bottom of crockpot. Place pork on top of peppers. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl. Pour over top of pork and peppers. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serves 8 Per serving: 220.2 calories, 9.1 g fat, 3.0 g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 366.8 mg sodium, 14.4 g carbs, 1.2 g fiber, 7.9 g sugars, 23.4 g protein I recommend using green and/or yellow bell peppers for color contrast. I'm serving this with brown rice for my dinner guests. For dessert I'm making baked pears sitting in a cloud of Fage Total 0% greek yogurt mixed with some vanilla SF Davinci syrup. I just pour Diet 7-Up over the cored pears and sprinkle with a little cinnamon and then bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Yum yum! Hope everyone is having a great day! Laura
~ Stylz ~
on 1/27/07 7:51 am - North of Boston, MA
sounds delish, dessert too can you repost your sugar free ****tail sauce again, I was looking for it on the boards but can't seem to find it! thanks
ooh-lala
on 1/27/07 10:53 am - Great Bend, KS
The sweet and sour pork was a hit at the party. Everyone loved it. And the baked pears too. Here is my ****tail sauce recipe: 1 cup Heinz One-Carb Ketchup 1 tsp lemon juice 1 1/2 -3 tsp horseradish (to taste) Dash worcestershire sauce Combine ketchup, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce. Add horseradish to taste. Makes 1 cup. 2 TBS = 11.7 calories, 2.4 g carbs, 0 g protein
RebekaA
on 1/27/07 11:07 am - Inland Empire, CA
Sounds awesome! can't wait to try it. And I love baked pears! mmmmm. thanks for posting!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views