I have a ? for those on Birth Control

jmelrod829
on 1/26/07 9:27 pm - Pottsville, PA
OK let me start by warning this might be TMI! Then let me also say I am on the Nuvaring and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! I have been on it for 4 months. The first two months were fine. Last month and this month I have started my period days before I am supposed to remove the ring. (typically you remove the ring and 2 days later start) Well last month I started 3 days before removal (so 5 days early) and this month I started 2 days before removal (so 4 days early). My concern is that I am "acting" like I am protected from pregnancy (if you know what I mean ) and I truely may not be. I called Nuvaring last month and they called this breakthrough bleeding - which there is no way. This is a full on period! After talking with my OBGYN we had decided that because of malabsorption we were best going with the ring. N ow I am wondering if I am absorbing enough of the hormones. I plan to call my OBGYN on Monday, but in the mean time I am wondering if any of you are experiencing anything similar and what BC are you on? Thanks for any input ladues! Jennifer 355/217/150
SoulSista
on 1/27/07 2:01 am - Boston, MA
I have had the same problems with the nuva ring with the period starting before taking the ring out so far no problems but i'm going to see obgyn in couple of weeks and will ask her then. Marsha
miminjoey
on 1/27/07 3:34 am - Fort Bragg, NC
sorry I can't be much help...my husband had a vesectomy 6 years ago so we don't use anything ..and of course he is in another state right now but this month..I started on the 1st and again on the 24th...so 2 times this month and I can't blame it on anything but stress. I hope you figure out what's going on soon. Mimi
Beckers
on 1/27/07 4:19 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Jennifer- I am also using the Nuvaring and I LOVE IT, too! I also have had some "breakthrough bleeding" as they call it, but the same as you, just a few days before I take it out, so just slightly earlier than the period should onset... My doctor said its ok and continue as directed (leave the ring in until you're supposed to take it out, etc.). She also feels this is the best option for me because of the malabsorption issue... I was on the pill but I had worse breakthrough bleeding on that, and it appeared I wasn't protected at all, since I was bleeding every 2 weeks, etc. I've used the Nuvaring for about 6 months now, and only 2 of the months I started bleeding a couple days early... most months have been right on schedule as it should be. Hope this helps... Rebecca M. 269/164/155?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views