puking still?

miminjoey
on 1/25/07 10:23 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am just wonderring how many people out there are still puking....my whole family keeps saying I wouldn't have this surgery all you do is puke...and I don't think I do puke that often If I eat too much or too fast I puke or anything that is high in sugar and I puke, if I drink too much liquid I puke. I don't puke everyday...but I do puke a few times a week and there is no doubt of when it is coming on and I am out of commission for a good hour. I guess because it's been this way the whole time I figured this is normal is it? Mimi
Darlene X
on 1/25/07 10:33 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I have thrown up, 3 times in 10 months. Once when I got a pill stuck, the other 2 times I didn't chew well enough or ate too fast... In my opinion, you shouldn't be throwing up that much..... From my support group, and having 4 other family members who had surgery--- no one I know still throws up regularly.. only on odd occasion like me when something get's stuck. Is it on particular foods? What causes it? eating too fast? Too much? stuff getting stuck??
miminjoey
on 1/25/07 10:55 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
If I eat too much or too fast I have to puke it up the pain is so bad ...sometimes it is food getting stuck...a lot of times it is things with too much sugar and foods like rice...I love rice and I try about once a month to see if I can tolerate it or pasta and they both come up with a vengance you'd think I'd learn by now, anything that has too much of a milk product in it ....more times then not though it's when I am out and am eatting at friends or out where I don't know what the fat or sugar content is...like french fries can't eat those because of the grease so I won't even come near them but some fried foods I can eat and others I can't but I don't know which ones until I try them didn't really answer the question did I? Mimi
jmelrod829
on 1/25/07 10:38 pm - Pottsville, PA
I still throw up what seems frequently to me. Maybe 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I have to make myself throw up if something doesn't sit well......I can't wait it out I am WAY too uncomfortable and I have 2.5 year old twins and I can not possibly wait it out. I know this is not a "habit" I should have but when I feel bad it is the only thing that makes it better! I too throw up if I drink too much OR too soon after I eat, or if I eat too fast. You are definately NOT alone! Jennifer 355/217/150
miminjoey
on 1/25/07 10:56 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Oh good So i am not the only one....I am like you the pain OMG! It is better if it just comes up and get it over with Mimi
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 10:49 pm - PA
I throw up maybe once a month or so. Usually because food gets stuck or I eat something I totally shouldn't have. When something gets stuck and I puke, I fell better immediately. When I eat something that makes me puke becasue it is too fatty or too high in sugar, I stay sick for a while. I may even feel puny for the rest of the day. But I know why I get sick, so I just have to watch my food choices. The way you are puking doesn't sound normal to me at all. Maybe you should check with your doc. If you are that sensitive to food this late in the game, something might be going on with your pouch. Take care of yourself! Kathy
miminjoey
on 1/25/07 11:00 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
ACK not what I wanted to hear I have been a puker from the get go for the 1st 6 months I took a towel and plastic bag everywhere I went. I puked so often I just thought that was normal...which of course is how I ended up back int he hospital 10 days after surgery. I keep more down then I puke up you can tell by looking at me I haven't lost anymore then anyone else on here....I just thought puking was part of it...you guys really weren't pukers??
Darlene X
on 1/25/07 11:06 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Everyone is so different... and it may just be that your stoma is slightly smaller than say mine or Kathy's... so things can get stuck a little easier-- I wouldn't say a stricture, but even just a 1-2 mm difference may cause one person to get thinsgs stuck or puke more often. You seem more sensitive to fats and sugars too--- I always refer to my pouch as an "iron pouch" because no matter what the fat or sugar content.... I don't get sick... thats can be a blessing or a curse! From your response to me above.. seems you know the answer... you can't tolerate pasta or rice... so don't at them! If fat and sugar makes you sick... then avoid it--- then you won't be puking hehehehehe
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 11:19 pm - PA
Darlene is right. Everyone is different. Your stoma may just be smaller. I don't get sick from things like gulping down water, where there are people in my local support group that do. But they don't dump and I do...sometimes. It is SO hit or miss with the foods we eat. If you are keeping more down than you puke up, you are probably OK. If you puked up everything, it would be trouble. Rice makes me sick too. I love it and I still try it, but usually that is why I end up getting sick the once or twice a month. Chicken breast always gets stuck, so I avoid it most of the time. Raw veggies too. SO I avoid those things and unfortunately they are probably things I need more of in my diet. So If I was eating like I was SUPPOSED to, instead of only things that went down easy, I may be puking just as much as you if not more. I definitely get sick more than I did before...and I was bulimic! My 4 year old is so used to it, she will come to the bathrooms door and say "Mommy are you puking again?" When I tell her I am sick, she'll say: "That is why you are not supposed to eat sugar!" Even when it isn't sugar that made me sick. It has becoma a normal part of her life. Weird huh?
Mama-of-3
on 1/26/07 12:16 am - Philadelphia area, PA
I have thrown up twice in 10 months. Dry chicken. YUCK! Aside from having a kidney stone I've had no complications. =)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views