Darlene...check this site out!

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 9:34 pm - PA
You mentioning the make-up bag cake got me curious so I went online and tried to see if I could find a picture of one. Then I found this site. They are out of London, so there is no way I could get a cake from here, but they are really cute! http://www.thecakefairy.co.uk/index.html I thought you could get some ideas for your next creation. I like these kind of cakes because they are not tempting to me at all. They are too pretty to eat! Kathy
Darlene X
on 1/25/07 10:05 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Very cool site!! I'll find some pictures of the cake I thought would be perfect for you and show you later
miminjoey
on 1/25/07 10:16 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok too freakin funny...I click on the link and the page come up FORBIDDEN in big bold letters....like you can't look you can't even eat cake! Mimi
Darlene X
on 1/25/07 10:36 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, so here are a few of the cakes I thought about when you mentioned a cake party: http://imageevent.com/endkennels/personalphotos/miscellaneousthings/temporaryfolder Sad thing is, I know I could totally make one and it would be fun!!!! Hubby said I could do it if I had a round-trip ticket... hahahahaha.. Wanna fly me out? LOL JK
Darlene X
on 1/25/07 10:40 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Oh and Im pretty sure that first example (Fondant covered)... would be sturdy enough to be mailed... hehehe
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 10:43 pm - PA
I love the third one! It is absolutely perfect for a young girls party. If I flew you out, it would make it officially the most expensive birthday cake I have ever bought. Probably even more expensive than my wedding cake! LOL! We'll save that for her sweet 16. hehe... Well, now I am hooked. I am heading out to Barnes and Noble at lunchtime to get some cake decorating books. Maybe I could learn to make them too. The guys here at work would be very happy to eat my practice cakes anyway! Kathy
Darlene X
on 1/25/07 10:45 pm - Maricopa, AZ
The 3rd cake... would actually be pretty simple.... the person who made that cake used plastic toy make-up stuff to decorate... the actual cake itself is a very simple rectangle.... just if you've never worked with fondant before, it makes things a little harder.
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/07 3:27 am - PA
Ok, I just spent $90 at Barnes and Noble on Cake decorating, and pretty cake books. That plus the cost of all the practice cakes I'll be making, it might have been cheaper to have flown you out!! Kathy
Darlene X
on 1/26/07 3:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
Kathy, You probably could have got the info you need free on cakecentral.com --- check it out, its a wonderful website! If you need any help let me know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views