Things I need to stop enjoying (this is a confession)

Beckers
on 1/24/07 7:15 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I've gained 2 pounds and I haven't figured out why... except... Have you tried Starbuck's new Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Latte?? LOVE IT!! Have you tried Dove's Sugar Free chocolates? I've been eating about 3 chocolates a day... How about cinnamon swirl toast? Bad, and I justify it by saying "just one piece of toast in the morning with my Weight Control oatmeal"... DiGiorno's Thin Crust pizza, only 2 small slices.... but... Sourdough toast with my soup... Maybe I'm having too much bread daily. Maybe too many treats. I worry about slipping into bad habits again. SOMEBODY STOP ME! I WONT GO BACK! I REFUSE TO GO BACK! Rebecca M. 269/165/155?
miminjoey
on 1/24/07 8:33 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Oh I swear I feel the same way! I love toast and rools, garlic bread, torillas and all they do is make you hungry what seems like an hour later Mimi
Beckers
on 1/25/07 11:21 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Breads have always been a weakness for me I must always keep this in check...
luckycat1
on 1/24/07 10:01 am - Cincinnati, OH
I was going to try that Latte until I asked how many grams of sugar acohol it had (27grms per pump). I get so sick when I have to much s/f stuff. The dove choc is EVIL. Thank goodness I cn not eat more then two if I do then I am and that is no fun. yeah watch those carbs. I am not one of those that says no carbs. I think you can have things in moderation
Beckers
on 1/25/07 11:27 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I also react to sugar alcohols, so I only eat one at a time, and wait a couple hours before having another one. The bag says 17g sugar alcohols PER 5 pieces of candy, so it doesn't get me sick. I didn't know the SF Cinnamon Dolce Latte has 27g alcohols per pump... if I have a grande that is 3 pumps of syrup, so 27 x 3 is 81g of sugar alcohols!! Holy crap that is scary! Why haven't I been getting sick from that? Usually that much would make me react... I'm going to look into that. I agree with you about moderation. I'm just going to have to figure out how much "moderation" will keep me maintaining my weight loss.
luckycat1
on 1/26/07 9:36 am - Cincinnati, OH
I am going to check their website. I asked the girl how many sugar alcohols the s/f cinnamon had and she had to pull one from he cupboard and when she said 27 and showed it to me I almost feel out I asked her was that the s/f one and she said yes--I really did not pay attention to mke sure it was s/f . I will check and let you know. I just had a s/f raspberry lattee (yep it was yummy) and it did not have any sugar alcohols just 4 carb grams.
luckycat1
on 1/26/07 9:58 am - Cincinnati, OH
I just checkd starbucks website and here is the nutronal info on the cinn latte--she must have pulled out the reg one. I just looked on their website and a tall has 12 grms of sugar which I believe is just from the skim milk. I called their 800# to verify and the s/f does not have surgar alcohol so I was WRONG. Darn it, now I am going to have to try one. Oh lord I see another addiction starting
ooh-lala
on 1/24/07 10:02 am - Great Bend, KS
Confessing your sins is the first step right? Fortunately I was never much of a bread eater, so I don't miss it, but I know it is a trigger food for a lot of people!
Darlene X
on 1/24/07 11:00 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Oh boy I could add to this list! I love those Dove SF Chocolates too.... Im only buying 1 bag per pay check, so twice a month... Im managing to eat only 1-2 at a time... and maybe 2-3 times a week. Im lucky too that Im not a huge bread fan, I like it ok, but normally only have a tortilla once or twice a week-- and buy bread maybe once a month if that.
Lisa M.
on 1/25/07 9:38 am - LaGrange, NC
I had not lost for 2 weeks b/c I was addicted (and I mean addicted) to Mocha Light Frappicino's from Starbucks. If I didn't get one at the store, then I had one bottle at home (with LOTS of sugar). This week I have been up at 4:30 and walking and have had NO sweets. I had gotten to where I was having them everyday and my body wanted them. I've already lost 2 lbs.....144 down......and 7 lbs from.............THE CENTURY CLUB!!! you're so right with this post. I was beginning to frighten myself with the bad choices I was making. It is definitely stilll and day by day adventure.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views