Chicken Breast

robinsaxton
on 1/24/07 2:38 am - Columbia, MD
I don't know how many of us this might happen to but I thought I'd ask to see if I should be worried. The past few days whenever I try to eat chicken breast it really hurts my pouch. It feels like lead in my stomach. I have always been able to eat chicken, although the white meat can be harsh if it is not really moist. Well, the chicken I am eating is really moist but it hurts after just 3 bites. I am frustrated because chicken is my mainstay. I really need to be able to eat chicken! Maybe my chicken isn't as moist as I think? Other foods are going down just fine, even other meats. Has this happened to any of you? How do you keep chicken breast moist so it is easy to tolerate? I appreciate any thoughts on the subject. Robin
robinsaxton
on 1/24/07 2:40 am - Columbia, MD
Maybe I am not chewing well enough or am eating too fast. I just finished 3oz of chicken and took my time eating it and my stomach isn't hurting. ?? Robin
Tamara L.
on 1/24/07 11:11 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Hey Robin, That is the key to helping it go down! I find that if I don't think about it while I'm chewing (to make sure I thoroughly chew it)--that it will lay really heavy in the pouch. Same thing with tuna, steak, hamburger.....any of those dense meats. Tricks of the trade! Tamara
Darlene X
on 1/24/07 11:03 pm - Maricopa, AZ
If no other foods are causing an issue then you can rule out a stricture--- your a little far post-op for that too. I'd say it's probably eating too fast, not chewing it enough.... I know that I don't chew near as much as when we were newbies...
susieQ227
on 1/26/07 4:42 am - Allison, PA
I thought I was the only one! I can't eat even one bite of chicken...and you're right, it just feels like a lead weight when it hits. I don't even bother with it anymore, even though I really like chicken. I can eat chicken salad, but a piece of broiled chicken...forget it! Susie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views