Coffee and protein

jannineh99
on 1/21/07 10:14 pm - Melrose, MA
I notice that a lot of people put protein in their coffee...and I tried to do that but the results were not pleasant...it looked like chocolate flavored scrambled eggs...either I am using the wrong type of protein or my coffee is too hot...not sure...I use Designer Whey and SportPharma Rich Chocolate Low Czrb Whey...so my WLS family help me out.... Jannine
Shari B.
on 1/21/07 11:05 pm - Roseville, MI
Hi Jannine, I also have bad luck on adding protein to my coffee. I just can't seem to get it to disolve correctly. I absolutely love the achieveone coffee flavored protein drinks. You can order them from bariatriceating.com They do cost 24.50 for 12, but I limit myself to one a day so it's not so bad. Plus I try to think of what I used to spend on those fancy starbucks drinks and this is for my health. I'd be happy to mail you one to try if you'd like. I'm waiting for a shipment to arrive in the next week or two so it would be a few weeks as I'm currently out. Shari
jannineh99
on 1/21/07 11:32 pm - Melrose, MA
Thanks for the input...that would be wonderful if you could send me one to try... Jannine
Darlene X
on 1/21/07 11:28 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I don't drink coffee.... but I figure it's like putting prtein in hot chocolate... you have to temper it first. Put a tiny bit of ho****er/coffee in with the protein and mix till smooth, then slowly add the rest of the hot liquid while mixing it in....
jannineh99
on 1/21/07 11:34 pm - Melrose, MA
thank you darlene...I will try your suggestion...I hope it works the chocolate scrambled eggs was not very pleasant...lol... Jannine
~ Stylz ~
on 1/22/07 12:47 am - North of Boston, MA
I've read on the main board that people who drink protein coffee first add protein to and oz or 2 of cold, mix then add it to hot liquid once its dissolved in the cold mixture. I drink achievone and eas coffee house (they sell achievone at Nashua Nutrition off ex. 8 in Nashua if you're ever up that way). I bought a container of nectar cappuccino at nashua nutrition and usually mix it in with a coffee from dd using the directions above
Lauren003
on 1/22/07 1:45 am - , NC
I have the most wonderful protein.. it's called Pure Whey Stack by Champion Nutrition in chocolate flavor. It tastes *good*, no whey smell/flavor ick and it dissolves with just a spoon in hot or cold water. To make my drink, I put a tsp of instant decaf. coffee crystals in a cup, add piping ho****er (from a ho****er tap) and then stir in my protein. It never clumps, even when the water is too hot to drink. Try it! It's FANTASTIC! I love the stuff and sometimes skip instant coffee and just add the powder to ho****er and it's an awesome hot chocolate.
RebekaA
on 1/22/07 2:26 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Jannine, The trick is to keep the liquid under 160 degrees, anything hotter and it will denature (and clump, ewww) the protein. So let your coffee cool a little. I use a thermometer and a frother to mix in my protein. I use flavorless "Any Whey" by Optimum Nutrition. No clumps
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views